• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What is the best Turbo 350 pan gasket?

Take it off, clean surfaces, use grey silicone lightly on both sides, let dry overnight, problem solved, promise.

Nah go by 3/16 blue rubber one for 31 dollars.. Only so some of your bolts aren't long enough and it still leaks. Fukin awesome! **** was clean, didn't over tighten , maybe recently out of
Frustersation. But it's fun. You will enjoy it.

kmcminn said:
I have a rubber gasket on mine it sucks. Anyone use a lube locker gasket?

Been running the lubelocker for 3+ years and no issues. Had the pan off a couple times, still sealing great.

And just to be clear, I still run a gasket, just lightly smear grey silicone on both sides, I hate leaks more than anything!

I think the fiber gaskets work best. No silicone, clean the pan and Trans spotless. If you have a stamped steel pan, after you torque to 100in lbs, a light ball pean hammer to straighten the mating surfaces will do the trick.

The fiber gaskets can be black but usually are tan in color. I have only found them from our Trans parts supply company. The wal Mart auto parts kits usually come with rubber or cork. I went to using only the fiber gaskets because I had to warranty my work and nothing sucks more than a come back. If I used rubber or cork in the early days, they were leaking within a month. I ain't havin that. Used to puss me off to see silicone on pan gaskets. Of course that's just my opinion. Lol

Good luck

My dad was a transmission shop and we never use the cork, they just do not seem to last. We use a gasket that is like the Fel-Pro material and we never see them leak. Like zukimaster said you can use a light layer of the mega grey will help seal it even better, but do not over do it. We have had parts sealed with a lot of the mega gray and they are a pain to get off. Also for the people trying to seal the chrome pans, grind off all the chrome on the sealing surface and they will seal better.

Sometimes it isn't the pan leaking make sure to check kickdown cable and the shift rail they are real bad about leaking and it will look like the pan