• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What is the best Turbo 350 pan gasket?

tallnate said:
Lube locker for sure but they are almost impossible to find for a th350.
croes said:

Tallnate was referring to my TH350 gasket search, LubeLocker was out of stock forever. All the vendors I called didn't stock the gasket, they would call LubeLocker and then tell me that they were out of stock.

I found one on Amazon.

I highly recommend them. Also, take a straight edge and make sure the pan isn't warped.

I have used every type of pan gasket and never had ANY trouble with leaks.... The key is a quality pan with a mating surface that isn't distorted and clean surfaces.

If ur pan is warped or beat up or it ain't gonna seal..

I also always gave each bolt just a little tweak a month or so after installation.

Mopar makes ATF sealer,go to dealer ask for it. You can put it on any pan. I've never had it leak. Use only the sealer, don't put it on a gasket. :dblthumb:

I used to know a transmission guy who swore by the cork gaskets. The important thing was proper torque. Most people tend to crank down on them when it takes almost no torque at all. And people don't evenly torque them when they do them by hand. Or they don't follow a criss-cross pattern which squeezes the gasket unevenly out toward the end of the line.

I could never get my gasket on my fuel cell to seal properly until I finally took the time to tighten the nuts in a criss-cross pattern to, I think it was, 15 inch-pounds. That fixed the problem permanently using the same rubber gasket that had been leaking.

This ^

Funny how no matter where a leak is it ALWAYS drips from the bottom and often the back...

I've seen more than one "rear main seal leak" turn out to be a timing cover or turbo or dipstick etc...

The newest original TH-350 is what 30 years old? Governor cover, modulator, shift shaft, etc... Check em all.

Well, transmission pan has quit leaking. Lube Locker gasket and stock stamped pan worked!

90 dollars of atf, 35 dollar gasket, 9 dollar can of paint and a 60 dollar pan later.

Total comes to about 194 dollars + 26 new bolts and washer.

Now I am back to where I started. All the headache just for thinking I wanted a aluminum pan. I thought hey I might as well put a new one on since I have to drop it to put on the new Lokar dipstick. All this has taken place over nearly 2 years.

I'm mean for a "normal" wheeler having a shiney Trans pan is almost useless, but you like to show off the bottom of your rig every hardline ride.