• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What module for my dodge?

Bringing this one back from the dead......

so the kettle (or is it the pot?) is now installing a TST......

are YOU gonna race it???

(curious to see what you think of it btw....)

Nope...not gonna race it.

I didn't want to install a box, I wanted more simple reliable power...but after speaking with Ross this would mean installing bigger injectors which increased the potential for smoking constantly and creating higher EGT's when I didn't necessarily need them.

The box will let me add a few hp/tq when I need it down the road when I have a larger load to tow.

I got a good deal on the TST PM3 w/remote, the MAP adapter will be here tomorrow, just in time to tow to G-dale Friday morning. It'll be kept at a low setting as the clutch in the truck is in unknown condition.

I was going to hold out for new firmware for my Smarty but who knows if that will ever happen for 2nd gens.

I like the "keep it simple stupid" method but it doesn't always work out that way.

You'll like it with the smarty and fueling box combo... I was drooling on myself even with the smarty just on level 4 and the edge on level 3x5. Very nice, even throttle response.

I figured I would bring this back up. Now that I will hopefully have a good trany here soon---what do you guys suggest for a set of injectors?

just my un-informed $.02, but everything I've heard that Don M.'s MACH injectors are tha shiznit....somewhere between the 1.2's and the 1.6's...

I've got some DD2's sittin' around to try out if you'd like.....(I've not installed them because w/ all the towing I do I don't trust myself w/ my clutch and them)....
as soon as I finally pony up for a SouthBend clutch though....its AWN....

I wouldn't buy a smarty with an auto. I honestly don't know about the 2nd gens but the common rail auto's (3rd gens) have problems shifting with a smarty.

On another note if you only are building for towing just buy a set of rv 275's stock cummins injectors (they are cheap and work good).

Some people have problems with second gens and an auto with the smarty, others work great. Some 3rd gens have problems, some don't. There is another new update for the 3rd gens that hasn't quite been released yet. But a few people have been giving it a shot and they said their tranny problems have gone away and are very smooth, less smoke and less EGT's over previous Smarty software. I certainly wouldn't rule it out. It can do some awesome things for these trucks, especially the 3rd gens.

Some people have problems with second gens and an auto with the smarty, others work great. Some 3rd gens have problems, some don't. There is another new update for the 3rd gens that hasn't quite been released yet. But a few people have been giving it a shot and they said their tranny problems have gone away and are very smooth, less smoke and less EGT's over previous Smarty software. I certainly wouldn't rule it out. It can do some awesome things for these trucks, especially the 3rd gens.

If I had a 3rd gen stick a smarty would be the first thing on my list.

My Smarty Jr will be showing up tomorrow so I will tell ya what it does to my auto trans. From what I read the auto trans problems lie in the more HP settings, all I care about is towing performance as well as not having to baby sit the EGT guage. A dyno queen has no interest to me, More been there done that to come.:;

Can't tel---but I don't think 4th is kicking in anymore :booo:

is it actually not shifting into 4th, or is the converter just not locking anymore?

was under the impression that the converter was (one of the) weak links....

(dun really know, since tow rigs should have real tranny's....)

is it actually not shifting into 4th, or is the converter just not locking anymore?

was under the impression that the converter was (one of the) weak links....

(dun really know, since tow rigs should have real tranny's....)

Some times----its slipped a few times now too but you have to let off the accel pedal to get it to upshift. As for the torque converter--I have heard the same thing but I am fixed up to where I never build up enough heat to cook it...

I have close to $8000 in my trans. It was built by DTT about 5 years ago. Has been well used, towed many miles at 26-30k.

97' Dodge 2500 Ext cab 4x4
Stage 3+ DDP injectors
Hybrid 35/40 turbo
4" exhaust
Pac brake
Custom Race plate
4k gov spring
Afe intake

Bald tires:awesomework:

A name brand trans with a triple disc converter can be bought for under 4 grand that will handle 99% of what the majority needs. The guys that beat their crap, sled pullers, and dyno queens will need to spend more(billet parts). You dont need to spend your life savings to buy a trans that will last.

Latest posts