• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What RUF Bushings?

Boonie Buster

Stuck on a Curb
I think I asked this question years ago...

What bushings do i get for the toyota rear springs? I found the details to the springs i am going to use on pirate4x4:

84-88 Toyota Rear
Flat length = 48"
Front Half = 20.5"
Rear Half = 27.5"
Width = 2.36"
Front Eyelet = 14mm ID
Rear Eyelet = 18mm ID

But what bushings do i put in the front eyelet to replace the 14mm bolt steel sleeve insert bushing so that i can use the poly bushings with the 18mm bolt that seems to be the standard with most springs?

The front spring eyelet seems to be about 1.5" ID.
The rear spring eyelet seems to be about 1.1875" ID

The bushings I have are extremely worn out and need replacing.
Help please! :corn:

What front hanger are you using? I was using the front hanger from SKY and ended up getting a spring kit from energy suspension for it. It has a 14mm hol in the front, so I had some pieces made up that fit into the 18mm hole and reduced it down to a 14mm. the outside has a flange on it that can weld on to the outside of the hanger. Works pretty good, and if you decide to go to a TG or allpro spring in the future, you can just cut the spacers off and run the 18mm bolt and bushings they come with.

6bb9c2d9.jpg

2085fbab.jpg

535f31ee.jpg

575d4353.jpg

I had 8 of them made so that I have extras, paid $40 for all of them, sell you the other 4 for $20 plus postage if they will work. The bushing kit from Energy wasn't very much either, only about $30

The hanger is one I made, the holes are slightly smaller than 14mm right now as I was waiting to figure out this issue, if I can replace the front bushing with a 14mm sleeve setup, I will drill the holes to match.

Do you have a link or part number to the energy bushings?