• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

what should you do when you see people trashing reiter

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkbstoy

i was out wheelin with some kids at reiter on saturday night that live near me in kenmore and havent wheeled with before. one of them flopped on the wall trail we got the truck up and were standing around bullshiting when the girl riding with them threw a beer can in the trees. i asked her to pick it up and her response was f--k you ..... i explained to her that that wasent cool and i didnt want to see her garbage all over the trails and that there were cleanups several times a year to clean up that crap to try to keep reiter open for all of us etc etc... all 6 of the guys with her appologised for her and said she didnt know any better. she was crying and went back to camp. we continued to the gate parked the trucks and walked to the wall. sat down on the rocks and john immediately beat his empty beer bottle on the rocks twice (it didnt break the first time) so again i told him thats bullshit and not acceptable and that i thought that was the reason the trail was partially closed off already. his response was no its not it was because someone threw a fridge over the edge..... as if a beer bottle was small so its ok. after a bit we went back to where they were camped at the top of the power lines and standed around the fire before long they all jumped in my **** for making there girlfriend cry and i was body slammed on the fire i did my best to get off of it with one of them on top of me and only got burns acrossed my right arm. my buddy gus tried to pull me away from the fire and 2 of them slammed him against my truck. after being held in a choke hold on the ground for a minute his buddys finally pulled him off of me and we left shortly thereafter. as soon as i was pulling away they started throwing crap at my truck

the burns arent that bad i think ill be ok without going to the hospital but well see what it looks like tomorrow. i dont know the kids name that threw me in the fire i only know john that drives a red bobbed and frenched 4runner on 40/18/15? pit bulls cant miss his rig... what should i do?

got any pictures that might have his license plate? Turn him in. thats ****ed up.

And how in bloody hell do you flop on the wall trail :haha:

If 6 guys attacked you you should have called the police immediately. Not much you can do about the littering.

Personally tho dude, If i got jumped because i was tryin to educate some ****ing common sense they'd be gettin the same **** right back at'm. some might go to the authorities but they're not gonna do **** IMO.

first, i think you should call the cops and report them, what they did was total bullshit. i really dont think your actions (as described) warranted an attack.

i explained to her that that wasent cool and i didnt want to see her garbage all over the trails and that there were cleanups several times a year to clean up that crap to try to keep reiter open for all of us etc etc
i think that what you said was a completely acceptable way of dealing with it. out of curiosity, those guys that were with you, were they part of the gang that beat you up?

Personally tho dude, If i got jumped because i was tryin to educate some ****ing common sense they'd be gettin the same **** right back at'm. some might go to the authorities but they're not gonna do **** IMO.

luckily i was thinking clear enough not to pull my pistol or i would probably be in jail the guy that slammed me on the fire was probably 6' or 6"2" and about 220 lbs compared to me at 6' 165lbs

first, i think you should call the cops and report them, what they did was total bullshit. i really dont think your actions (as described) warranted an attack.

does anyone know what precinct i should call snohomish county or?

i think that what you said was a completely acceptable way of dealing with it. out of curiosity, those guys that were with you, were they part of the gang that beat you up?

my buddy gus was the only one that had my back we were all wheeling together though

Sounds like assault to me, not to mention littering. I guess it depends on how far you want to take it. Your buddy was a witness to all this. The chick cried because you caught her and she felt guilty after being called on it. You did the right thing by trying to educate them. Sounds like a bunch of punks that need a little lesson.

What should you do when someone disrespects the trails? Educate them.

What should you do when someone disrespects you? Different for every situation. (it takes two to tango, so to speak)

It is assault now matter what it boils down to.

I would turn them in. It's a shitty situation but those folks need to learn thier lesson.

Good job on letting them know about the litter.

kinda makes me think twice about how i would handle it. if i am wheeling with someone, and i see them tossing or about to toss some trash out into the woods, i usually tell them to just toss it in the bed of my truck.

sounds like another case of too much alcholol for their own good.

and another reason not to drink and wheel!

I wont wheel with people I dont like, if they give me crap or dont show me any respect, I will leave them on the trail and hope they get stuck there overnight. I know thats a harsh atitude, but its the way I am.

good job

first off i would like to thank you for taking that bullshit just to let them know that litter is not good so yeah really now on since that happened if you dont really know them to keep from somthinglike that happeing again just pick it up and toss it in the bed of your truck or inside the cab of your jeep that way the notice you dont like litter and then just leave them and they will get the message and if they dont they are some dumb people and shouldnt be wheeling that just my 2 cents

I think you did a good thing by saying what you did. It takes a lot of courage to even say stuff like that. I know I personally have been on a trail run before where I witnessed some pretty good friends do the same thing (throw cans into the woods) and I didnt say anything about it. I just remember not wanting to be "that guy" that brings everyone down, you know? The people I was with were friends Ive known for a while, just not really close, so you doing it with people you don't even really know says a lot to me. Granted, I picked up the cans and tossed em in my bed, but still, I should've SAID something.

Anyway, as far as the physical part, I would notify the police and file charges. Period. Not only is it assault, its battery too. Assault is commonly misunderstood and wrongfully used, but you were assaulted and battered.

The common legal definition of assault is
"the threat or attempt to strike another, whether successful or not, provided the target is aware of the danger. The assaulter must be reasonably capable of carrying through the attack." Assault can be civilly wrong, meaning you could sue for damages (mental included), or it can be criminal where the subject is charged and tried. Battery is the actual physical part, which is pretty much any unwanted touching, but usually defined as striking with the intent to harm.

Anyway, thanks for doing what you did. Its unfortunate that it ended up how it did :booo:

~T.J.

Status
Not open for further replies.