• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

what should you do when you see people trashing reiter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats F-ed up! I probably would have pulled out the gun and shot a couple off. Maybe in the air or in their tires, who knows what would have happened. But, I am glad you manned up and comfronted them about it. Sucks that you got thrown into a fire! It could be a good conversational piece though. Its lookin' like les schwab is gonna get visited! :bananadance:
Cory,

Why not? If they are drinking, drunk and littering why not call the Sheriff? They have to hit pavement sometime. I am totally against drinking on the trail.......drink in camp.
If you want to get em busted for DWI then maybe you could assuming their leaving but as for the littering do you really think the police care? If they did do you think they could do anything on just your word?

i just got back from gold bar where i meet up with a officer and filled out a report he said a prosecutor will be contacting me shortly

Good for you but you should have done it immediately afterward when you could have shown the cops your fresh injuries. Day or two later and not likely that anything will happen.........Just get even!!

Wow, I always really enjoy reading threads like this.
1) As others have said; Thanks for standing up and letting them know they were wrong.

2) Were you drinking also? How old are you? Where did they get the beer they were drinking?

3) Your packing a pistol? In your rig? If you had pulled it would you be ready and able to use it?

Because I love reading about all the internet Rambo's who would have pulled their gun and done this and that! Well in real life it isn't like that. Pulling a weapon on another person and being able to deal with what happens next isn't as easy as it is made out to be. Would you be ready and able to handle the possible jail time for your actions? If you had pulled your pistol and even just pointed it at them is that a threat? If you had shot out a tire or just popped one off into the air? Now what?

I think you did the smarter thing by walking away. It takes more of a man to walk away from a fight than to stand there and punch it out. Now lets hope maybe something will happen to the guys that jumped you.

What you did was right, I would have done the same. What they did, was far from right, and endangers wheeling in general, more than they know.
Keeping your gun holstered was likely the smartest move, as well.
Being slammed into a fire though... that's really pushing the limits of feeling like your life is in danger....

If one person in every group would stand up and say something about people throwing their **** all over, the trails would likely be much cleaner.
Everywhere I go, I end up with more stuff in the back of my truck than I came with.

I hope the criminal case against them comes to some fruition. Please keep us posted.

I wish that people who litter on the trail would all die from ass cancer... horrible and suffering ass cancer.

That is all.

:redneck:

dkbstoy, good work on contacting authorities. Just watch your back, man. Hopefully your buddy can corroborate your story.

Wow, I always really enjoy reading threads like this.
1) As others have said; Thanks for standing up and letting them know they were wrong.

2) Were you drinking also? How old are you? Where did they get the beer they were drinking?

3) Your packing a pistol? In your rig? If you had pulled it would you be ready and able to use it?

im 24 years old i had 3 sparks over the previous 5 hours and was not drunk.

i have no idea where they got the beer

im a avid hunter and am a very good shot with a pistol. better than my dad that tought me to shoot when i was 12. when i was on the ground i was in no position to safely draw and maintain posession of my pistol. i was carrying my kahr p9 in a inside the belt holster (why have a gun if its not on your person) once i was released i stepped back far enough that if needed i could safely draw but the threat was over and i did not have to. at that point it would not have been self defense to shoot as they had stood down. if i ever have to take a shot in self defense or to protect someone else i will proudly serve any jail time incurred.

i have a concealed pistol license and carry for self defense purposes only

Thats F-ed up! I probably would have pulled out the gun and shot a couple off. Maybe in the air or in their tires, who knows what would have happened. But, I am glad you manned up and comfronted them about it. Sucks that you got thrown into a fire! It could be a good conversational piece though. Its lookin' like les schwab is gonna get visited! :bananadance:
Cory,

pull a gun for warning shots :rolleyes:

you dont pull a gun unless you are about to use it for real :looser:

I agree.....If you pull a gun you better be ready to kill someone. Not something to take lightly.

x2 if i had any idea that i was going to be thrown into a fire and have my life endangered i would have put the gun against the kids gut and told him to back off. but i have been brought up on the rules that you dont bring a gun into a fist fight and you dont bring a knife to a gun fight and i definitely did not expect a kid that had probably 50 pounds on me and should have been able to kick my ass to throw me in a fire

If anything they will probably plea out and get some community service time. :(

We have talked with the Sheriff a couple times about what to do when people are heavily intoxicated and driving on the trail along with other issues that might arise up at Reiter and he said if you give them a call they will head right up there. They realise that we are trying to clean up the area and are willing to help.

On a side note, camp fires are illegal at Reiter now. 1K fine. We need a way to report people... ;D

I'm ok with community service. In fact, I had to supervise a kid to clean up Reiter and write a letter to his lawyer saying he did the work before. As Pres. of RTW, I am willing to do that again. But it was the victims idea to use the hours at Reiter, not the court's.

x2 if i had any idea that i was going to be thrown into a fire and have my life endangered i would have put the gun against the kids gut and told him to back off. but i have been brought up on the rules that you dont bring a gun into a fist fight and you dont bring a knife to a gun fight and i definitely did not expect a kid that had probably 50 pounds on me and should have been able to kick my ass to throw me in a fire

Well I am not sure being thrown into a fire is really life endangering? Maybe it is maybe not. Pulling that gun (that you are lic to carry) and sticking it into his gut still wouldn't have been wise. What if it had gone off? And yes your trained, even better than your dad BUT accidents do happen.

Next issue is this, you have a right to carry that weapon but I myself have never understood the need or reason to. Maybe instead of having to carry a weapon for self protection you should pick better friends/people to hang out with? In all my life I have never had a reason to pull a weapon let alone use one on someone other than when I was in a COMBAT ZONE!!!

Well I am not sure being thrown into a fire is really life endangering? Maybe it is maybe not. Pulling that gun (that you are lic to carry) and sticking it into his gut still wouldn't have been wise. What if it had gone off? And yes your trained, even better than your dad BUT accidents do happen.

Next issue is this, you have a right to carry that weapon but I myself have never understood the need or reason to. Maybe instead of having to carry a weapon for self protection you should pick better friends/people to hang out with? In all my life I have never had a reason to pull a weapon let alone use one on someone other than when I was in a COMBAT ZONE!!!

please re read the previous several statements i and several others were saying do not pull a gun unles you plan on killing someone!

as stated above im a good shot... mening i can hit a target and have a tighter grouping than my dad. i am not a professional gun fighter nor am i trained to in any way

when i was surrounded by 5 pissed off drunk guys i thought i might get beat up. not pinned on a fire by the biggest one and getting beat up is no reason to pull a gun!!!

when asked why i carry my short answer is id rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it!!!

please re read the previous several statements i and several others were saying do not pull a gun unles you plan on killing someone!

as stated above im a good shot... mening i can hit a target and have a tighter grouping than my dad. i am not a professional gun fighter nor am i trained to in any way

when i was surrounded by 5 pissed off drunk guys i thought i might get beat up. not pinned on a fire by the biggest one and getting beat up is no reason to pull a gun!!!

when asked why i carry my short answer is id rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it!!!

Because YOU stated that you if you had know what was going to happen you would have "PULLED YOUR GUN AND STUCK IT IN HIS GUT". Yep everyone has stated not to pull it unless your ready to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.