• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What Tires?

John Galbreath Jr.

38 Special & Solo Buggy
I need to replace the tires on my Rhino. I am tired of replacing the tire plugs.

What tire is the best?

I was shocked at the Maxxis Big Horn price, wow.

Front is 26-9R-12
Rear is 26-11R-12

ive had quite a few 4 wheelers and a rzr with a lot of different tires

mudlites, mudlite xls, 589s, mudlite xtrs, swamp lites, outlaws, holeshots and countless stock tires

the 589s and outlaws are both pretty aggressive and rough riding tires, neither hooked up on rock worth a crap
all of the mudlites rode pretty good and aren't that expensive (all of which are great all around tires IMO)
I loved the xtrs on my rzr but theyre kinda pricy, rode good and hooked up in/on everything
the holeshots were on a race quad so theyre out...
idk if my swamp lites had a defect or what but they were brand new and after 2 rides all of the top tread block was gone (out of 3 layers), I bought the quad used with tires already mounted or I woulda raised heck..

out of everything I have had I love my tires now (mud lite xls) not too heavy and an all around great tire
all stock tires are garbage as far as im concerned (unless an aftermarket tire that comes on newer units; for ex: the big horns on rzrs and whatnot)

if money is no factor I would go with one of the newer 8ply tires out there
and im sure it isn't in this case thumb.gif

just my 2c

Get a 14" wheel & run the bfg km2s on it they look awesome on a SXS. I would say they would last awhile also.

I use this for light trail riding and use around the house for yard work. I no longer rock crawl it. Will be staying with the same wheels and looking for a less expensive tire that will suit my needs. I still have the stock tires, but just can't pull the trigger on putting them back on. Would like to do this quick, as Nan (wife) wants to take it to RBD to watch.

http://mudthrowers.com/home

this is a great site I always use before I buy tires

if you click on a specific tire it will show you all the available sizes, wheel sizes, weight yada yada yada and even tread depth in a chart

may help

I just pulled it up on my iphone and it wasn't working right, but on my laptop it works great

Here's a shot of my roctanes.

null_zps7266b697.jpg

RZR LIFE on Facebook. Buddy got a brand new set of tires, mounted on wheels, cheaper than buying the tires at the dealer.

I got the roctanes on my RZR love them..
But for rhino I like the GBC DIRT TAMERS.. 26x10x12 they do just as good as big horns and half the price!! I've had big horns and GBC dirt TAMERS .. I would pick dirt TAMERS over big horns any day if 26" is as big as u wanna run !!!
Hope it helps.. Think GBC D. t. Where about $450 to ur door if I remember correctly
JohnG said:
I need to replace the tires on my Rhino. I am tired of replacing the tire plugs.

What tire is the best?

I was shocked at the Maxxis Big Horn price, wow.

Front is 26-9R-12
Rear is 26-11R-12

I like bighorns. That said I have roctanes on the way. Luke (cashtalks) is ordering from some guy in IL or somewhere, $600 shipped for 4 8 ply tires measuring 29". 30" bighorns were also $600 shipped.

Best bet, have a buddy that is on rzr life get you a set of bh takeoffs down in your area and pay $400 for tires and wheels, sell the wheels.