• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What to do with an old ATM ???

Coma1

I'm a sucker for dumb useless crap ....... when it's FREE.

A buddy works for a local credit union. They were having an old ATM removed from service at a branch office and it got "dropped" (more like fell off the truck on the highway).
So he was looking for a way to get rid of it, and, I guess he knew I was a good candidate. 4 1/2 hours and $60 later we have a "FREE" ATM sitting in the shop. :spin:

It's been here a week and we still haven't come up with a really useful purpose. Lot's of ideas but none really good.
It is 100% unquestionably no longer functional as an ATM. I was hopeful we could repair it reasonably because I researched them before going to get it, and they bring ~ $1000 - $1500 working used. It is not repairable and way outdated.

So, what would you do with a 1500 Lb box of 3/8 plate steel with two small safes built in the bottom? I'll post some pics when I get a minute.

Pour a pad for it out at the end of the driveway and anchor it down. Place inferred trail camera to film it and watch all the crazy **** unfold?

We have outside video surveillance on the shop and an open all night tattoo shop next door. I'm sure it will go outside at some point. thumb.gif

biggin said:
Pour a pad for it out at the end of the driveway and anchor it down. Place inferred trail camera to film it and watch all the crazy **** unfold?

Put a sign on it "Cash Deposits Only"

JohnG said:
Honor box for a local off road park.

That is good, Thanks. GMP is 15 minutes down the road. I'll ask if they're interested.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Eydnpcuvbwsnrcgu5636%3Enu%3D3254%3E25%3B%3E4%3B3%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3C63794%3A6326nu0mrj

Beerj said:
What's an honor box? Like for donations?

Its for folks that ride when no one is at the park. You ride and they "trust" you to put money in the box. Speaking of this, I owe Trey for last time I rode at Choccolocco and almost flipped down the mountain. I actually sent him a PM, just havent made it out there to get him his doll hairs. When Morris Mountain first opened, I rode 5 times before we found someone to pay. When I gave them all the money from the previous rides, he was pretty shocked and tried to give some of it back. Right is right and it made me feel better to help a new park that was starting out.

tyleecw said:
You may scrap out the electronics for a few pennies too.

I wondered about that. It's full of cool anti-theft gadgetry. Some beefy hinges and slides. Air pump/vacuum belt drives for delivering bills. Basically a bunch of interesting, but ultimately useless, stuff.

TacomaJD said:
Sure you didn't get it from these guys?

laughing1 laughing1 We probably looked like those guys, dragging it onto a rollback and blocking the drive thru at 3:30 on a Friday....