• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What to pull before I junk this Blazer.

charliesnyder

Alrighty. After almost two years of trying to part out this 99 Blazer I'm giving up. What all should I pull off of the truck before I get a Junk Car removal place to come pick it up?

What all do I need to pull for the 4.3 I have from it?Engine/tranny/tcase and rearend are all pulled but the rest of the rig is there for the most part...

I will finally be getting the title when I get home(deployed buddy had it) and just want/need this ****er gone. Any input on what all I should pull before I junk it would be appreciated..

Pull the computer.
Carefully remove the wiring harness. I took EVERY wire from my donar Suburban when I was parting it out. Yeah, I garbaged most of the harness, but it was sure nice that I didn't need something, once the car was gone. (I took headlights to taillights on the harness)
Pull the exhaust, at least down past the 02 sender(s).
Save the cat convertor, they're worth $$, find a recycler afterwards.
Save the steering hoses. Sometimes you need the ends if you have custom hoses made up.
Save all the engine accessories, (alternator, ps pump, etc)
Save the fuel lines, from the engine back, as far as is reasonable. I reused my flex, braided hoses all the way to my frame (didn't reuse teh hard lines)
If it's got a steering box, they're sometimes worth saving.
If it's got a brake master cyl, sometimes they're worth saving.
If it's got a steering column, sometimes they're worth saving - especially if it's a tilt column, with keys.
And I'm sure I forgot other stuff.

edit: I've parted out MANY rigs, and recycled them all at Navy City Metals in Bremerton. Never titled any of the rigs in my name, just took the signed off title from the prior owner. Carried them all on my trailer, and they unloaded it with an excavator, or a forklift. No money for me for the hulk, but there wasn't much left except the frame and sheet metal. I liked it because it was a very simple disposal technique. Very few questions asked, other than, "do you have a title".

Last edited:
Pull the wiring harness for the motor of course. Pull the DLC under the dash. Make sure to get as much wiring from the VCM to the body.

Thats all I would save,,,

Pull the wiring harness for the motor of course. Pull the DLC under the dash. Make sure to get as much wiring from the VCM to the body.

Thats all I would save,,,
New to the Chev thing..... What is the DLC bossman? I've got the whole engine harness pulled before I pulled the drivetrain. So check to that.. And that VCM is the black boxes that all the wires met at in the engine bay?

New to the Chev thing..... What is the DLC bossman? I've got the whole engine harness pulled before I pulled the drivetrain. So check to that.. And that VCM is the black boxes that all the wires met at in the engine bay?

Yup the VCM is that black box with heat fins on it.

The DLC is on the drivers side under the dash--for hooking a tech-2 or diagnostic tool to.

edit: I've parted out MANY rigs, and recycled them all at Navy City Metals in Bremerton. Never titled any of the rigs in my name, just took the signed off title from the prior owner. Carried them all on my trailer, and they unloaded it with an excavator, or a forklift. No money for me for the hulk, but there wasn't much left except the frame and sheet metal. I liked it because it was a very simple disposal technique. Very few questions asked, other than, "do you have a title".

Bremerton isn't too far from me. I'm sure I could go there. My only issue is getting the rig on my car trailer. I don't have any kind of winch or comealong and its missing the rear wheels/axle. So most liklely I will just be calling Eatonville Towing(they are right in town for me) and having them come pick the hulk for me..

I can't wait to have my garage back!:cheer: