• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

what tranny for a automatic yota

Re: Re: Re: what tranny for a automatic yota

TBItoy said:
You'd need a 4:1 kit in the 300 if you really want to crawl (or run a 231/300 doubler).

The only part I liked about the auto was the ability to up or down shift at WOT
I do this with the 5 speed. :flipoff1:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what tranny for a automatic yota

smurfy90 said:
I do this with the 5 speed. :flipoff1:
Well me too, but the auto did it faster, or at least with out losing momentum (as much momentum you can generate with a 22re...)

Technician said:
2JZ-GTE to AW4 to DANA300. May need a sissy bar for the passenger.

this is a swap that I am looking to doing except with a 2JZ-GE to A750(maybe), A340 with AW4 tail shaft to dana 300

84mallcrawl said:
this is a swap that I am looking to doing except with a 2JZ-GE to A750(maybe), A340 with AW4 tail shaft to dana 300
Do you have an A340 lying around that ypu want to use? The AW4 will bolt up to the 2jz and will bolt up to the dana300 with a $50 clocking from Novak. No need to add a tail shaft????

yes I do have an an a340 laying around. there are at least 3 different valvebodies for these transmissions. My reasoning for useing the a340 is that it has the valveing and controller to shift at the correct times with the 2jz. maybe a better way of putting it is the 2jz makes power in the mid to high rpm range, where the jeep 4.0 is a low to mid range engine.

the thing that I am wanting really is the toyota A750, which is an auto 5 speed, the ratios in the A750 are very similar to a G or W series manuals. I have not been able to find any information out about making the A750 into 4 wheel drive