• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

what tranny for a automatic yota

A340 or AW4 will work (basically the same transmission)

You'll need a 22re A340 bellhousing (factory Toyota automatic...)

And an adapter for your transfer cases.

Most people use a Dana 300, or one of the NP231 planetary doublers behind an AW4

whats the down fall to just using a a340 so everything will blot staright up with no adapters?

Yota crawl said:
whats the down fall to just using a a340 so everything will blot staright up with no adapters?

because it wont.

Toyota used different transfer cases with the automatics, so you have to use an adapter.

I just finished my buggy with the aw4/dana300 and so far I love it. Took a 70dolllar clocking ring to mate the two together. Found good deals and pretty much less then 300 bucks in the setup I have minus the radesigns shifter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just finished my buggy with the aw4/dana300 and so far I love it. Took a 70dolllar clocking ring to mate the two together. Found good deals and pretty much less then 300 bucks in the setup I have minus the radesigns shifter

what all do i have to but and do to run that set up? and does it still get pretty low in lowrange?

Re: Re: Re: what tranny for a automatic yota

Yota crawl said:

what all do i have to but and do to run that set up? and does it still get pretty low in lowrange?
You'd need a 4:1 kit in the 300 if you really want to crawl (or run a 231/300 doubler).

I had a yota truck with a 22re/aw4/4:1 D300 and 4.88 gears, it would crawl pretty good. It had a radesigns shifter also.

I personally would never run that setup again though. I prefer a manual trans in a Toyota.

The only part I liked about the auto was the ability to up or down shift at WOT

cool thanks i love the 5 speed in mine with the doublers but i want to go to a auto my is starting to showfer me around quite a bit now and she has a hard time with the manual killing her little leg. and most would say dont let her drive but **** i love it when i am riddin shot gun drinking beer and my fine ass wife wheelin us up ****.

I won't have that much of power loss with auto due to turbo and running 10-11psi on that end. Should do pretty well. But like he said up there if you want to crawl you'll need to hear the case but the low end isn't bad I usually don't crawl much stuff anyways

how do i get around the electronics for the auto trany?and so i will need the clocking ring from novak the 340 bellhousing, flex plate, and torque converter and does if matter what 340, like the 340f or 340h?

Radesigns shift rail shifter bypasses the electronics of it. Not sure on the bellhousing I just know you can't use one from a carb auto truck

That would defy the whole reason for going to the AW4. The toyota cases are inferior to the dana 300. Lomax gears, HD outputs and twin sticks are far more spendable than the toyota upgrades. The dana 300 is just a freaking monster.

not if u already have the yota cases when i finally break them i would look at going to a dana 300

say i find a a340f and get the adapter for my doubles from marlin do i have to do and thing speacial far as the shifter like i would with the aw4