• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

whats the best spray in bed liner?

ecsong187

i have a 1985 k5 i want to line the inside with some type of spray on. which is the best for your money? rhino line? line x? herculiner? those are the ones ive been looking into
thanks
edwin song

Of those three, the first two generally are not DIY jobs. Herculiner is a DIY job, but is not going to be as strong as the other two, but probably good enough for interior of the vehicle use. Prep work is pretty important for any type of bedliner.

The rhino liner in my Dodge is great. If I was to do an interior, color such as gray or tan, so as not to show dirt would be an idea. Black will only look clean when new, or wet, just an FYI.

The thicker applied the better, plus adds as a sound barrier.:cool:

Rhino, hands down. Their are benefits to each. But the Rhino is definitely the better product.. I Rarely see trucks with Linex's that ever get used. But when I actually find a truck that gets worked and has a Linex. It's just terrible. Plus the "feel" of the rhino is a whole lot better then the Linex.

Depending on your budget, there's a couple of different options. I ended up using Duplicolor's version, using a $10.00 undercoating spray gun from Harbor Freight. As other's mentioned, it's all about the prep work. Do a crappy job on prepping the surface, and it's not going to stick too well. The nice thing about spraying it, as opposed to rolling it on, is that the texture ends up a bit nicer. Line-X would be nice, but its $$$...

i did my complete rig, in, out & under in Dura-bake. goes on with a roller. it costs about $100.00 a gallon, plenty to do the inside of a rig. has held up great. many of you have seen my rig and i did it about 5+ years ago. easy to repaint with a spray can if you want to update the color or change it. but as most have already said, prep-work is the most important part