• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What's the story on the Windrock Waterfall?

BamaTJ

Hardline Crawler
Droop, Toddy, Mud Devil Crew....

Found these pics in the Impossible Trails Thread on PBB. Is it really a trail, is it closed and can you still get over to it? It just looks insane and I would love to see it in person. We are going up later this year.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Matt O. said:
Droop, Toddy, Mud Devil Crew....

Found these pics in the Impossible Trails Thread on PBB. Is it really a trail, is it closed and can you still get over to it? It just looks insane and I would love to see it in person. We are going up later this year.

Photo Chop! :flipoff1:

awww wow yes .......... that looks really good ! like really, matt you aint got the sack to get own that sir... thats something BIG john would show someone whos daddy on ! fo sho

Tcameron said:
awww wow yes .......... that looks really good ! like really, I may would have hit that but I aint got the sack to get own that now... thats something Wes would show me whos daddy on ! fo sho

Timmie this is what you meant to say. :flipoff1:

we are planning a ride at windrock sometime this year, it would be nice just too look at this waterfall...

Like to see John G stickies on this....

Tcameron said:
awww wow yes .......... that looks really good ! like really, matt you aint got the sack to get own that sir... thats something BIG john would show someone whos daddy on ! fo sho

Ill try if you do :flipoff1:

That is a big nasty climb with a lot of consequences down below

I don't know if it's a legal trail or not but here is a pic of my buggy on it. This was before I owned it.

a17_104-1.jpg

I remember talking to the one of the guys from Michigan who were in the pics of XOM at the last Harlan ride we went to. I'm pretty sure it's not a "trail" at all. I may be wrong. I don't know that place that well. I can find Rattlerock from two different ways and that's about it. LOL.

I know this will sound funny, especially since I live 10 minutes from it, but none of us go to Windrock. :****: Out of all our friends here...I couldn't tell you the last time they rode there either. We noticed when we first moved here that riding in Jeeps, trucks, buggies, etc really cuts back every year there as ATV's, UTV's, etc are taking over. Kim and I drove my Jeep there just to check out the windmills a couple months ago on a Saturday. The parking lot was half empty and it was 99% ATV's. We saw one group of Tennessee Jeeps (CJ's and YJ's on 44" Swampers and near stock wheelbase.) Other than that...we were the only Jeep on the trail.

Some weekends we'll see 10 or so buggies roll into town and think there must be a ride put together on the internet or from a club. Mostly every hotel is covered up with RZR's and 4 wheelers every weekend though. If we see a buggy, I'm like, "hey, who is that?" LOL.

So, I'm not much help on that question. I agree...the waterfall looks badass.

That is off of trail 2. Before they fixed it you had to go right by it now you have to look for it to find it. There is a trail that leads right up to it and into the creek. Last time we were there and went to it was about a year or so ago and it had losts of water on it. I think Sam has some pics of Dave on it. You can get to it by comming in from 16 also.

From the parking lot take trail 2. You have to go up the road on the right as you come in. This road is before the big parking lot at the bottom of the mountain. And trail 2 will bo on the left. Just fallow it till you get to the gravel road. from 2 it will be on the left. The road has 2 hugh colverts the run under it. These are at the foot of the fall. The fall is just to you left if you sitting in the road on top of the colverts.

Hollar when you guys come and I will see if we can ride up and show ya where it is at.

Toddy

i talk to jimmy lastnight bout this climb and he has seen leafsprung jeeps climb it... so my geuss would be the water keeps the moss washed off so if you commit your bangen. seems to be alot like D's NUTS at iron gap. jus another commit hill :flipoff1:

Toddy, we will hit you up. We need a guide. Although I have only seen Rattlerock and Rail Trail, I would say that those two trails are pretty damn hard and worth a trip just to be on them. Throw in this waterfall and another creek bed trail I have heard of and you have 2 days of riding for a small group of rigs. It is also real pretty in the Fall which is when are trip is scheduled.

Latest posts