• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Whats with Krawlers?

I will put in 2 cents i dont care about stickies cause i wheel in the NW and and im not a wanna be rock star

O ya by the way red lable krawlers kick ass in the snow :kissmyass:

You would care about sticky's if you had them.
Yes they suck in the snow but they work better than anything on every thing else.

I have not ran CC but I have wheeled with guys who have them the Krawlers just hook up better.

You would care about sticky's if you had them.
Yes they suck in the snow but they work better than anything on every thing else.

O really? For one i had them for two was not impressed and for three they kick ass in the snow on my old buggy. There are atleast two people in this thread that know it.

A couple buggies ago i had cc on it, and they were a great tire. Since i switched to reds:awesomework:. I can't go back.

I read it on the internet...Is this good enough Porter?

I know your still looking at this thread buddy!

I read it on the internet...Is this good enough Porter?

I know your still looking at this thread buddy!
I will respect his experienced opinion, but the rest of you sheeple not so much if at all:kissmybutt:.:flipoff::fawkdancesmiley::;

Last edited:
It's opposite day,:haha:

No doubt. A few years ago on the NNR I watched buggies on krawlers beat the fawk out of themselves to even move while the buggy and first gen yota with 38" sx's drove around them. :haha:

And THAT'S saying something because sx's pretty much suck in the snow. :redneck:

Like Tony, I love the blue label Krawlers (siped) in the snow. I'm not going to say they were the best but no other tire on many varied trails did better.

I've been out with guys that were running red Krawlers and they did suck in the snow, that said, what makes a good snow (or generally good NW wet trail tire) is completely different than a good rock tire. While obviously compound matters, the best rock tires have very few sharp edges and shallow lugs. The Krawlers that are used on at the comps would normally be considered a worn out trail tire up here. The edges are so rounded that mud and wet trail performance would be pretty bad.

Do do well in NW wet/snow AND the rocks, I think 2 sets of tires would be the ideal for best performance. The requirements are just too different for one set of tires to be really good in all environments.

the best rock tires have very few sharp edges and shallow lugs. The Krawlers that are used on at the comps would normally be considered a worn out trail tire up here. The edges are so rounded that mud and wet trail performance would be pretty bad.
The best rock tires- BFG red Krawlers have deep lugs. All of those teams using shallow lugs would trade them in an instant for deeps if they could. Rounded lug deep Krawlers work excellent in mud and general trails.....

Do do well in NW wet/snow AND the rocks, I think 2 sets of tires would be the ideal for best performance. The requirements are just too different for one set of tires to be really good in all environments.

I agee that more than one set is the best solution as I have three......Crawlers work best for everything but frozen ground. Use your favorite snow tire for the frozen stuff.:;

Last edited:
In about 12 years of use, I never felt that TSLs were good in the snow. When they were new they 'OK' at best.

ya, well i do admit you have to air down to about 2-3psi..
but i've had my rig floating on about 5 feet.... :beer:

but it made a huge differance when i grooved them.

In about 12 years of use, I never felt that TSLs were good in the snow. When they were new they 'OK' at best.

you just havent hooked a big enough set to enough HP.

I have seen Bobby in the Misfit go anyplace he wanted to in the snow, many years in a row. On 38x11.00 comp cut and studded boggers.

I also watched Bobby get a fancy comp buggy from MAXXIS and he promptly removed the maxxis tires and installed some Swampers.

But that for some southend wheeling.:beer:

FWIW- I just spoke with BFG's marketing company and they said that they are now filling all of the back orders for 39" red labels. He said they should have all backorders cleared within the next 2 weeks and will be able to start shipping new orders after that time. He said the tires have been back ordered since Feb or March!:booo:

FWIW- I just spoke with BFG's marketing company and they said that they are now filling all of the back orders for 39" red labels. He said they should have all backorders cleared within the next 2 weeks and will be able to start shipping new orders after that time. He said the tires have been back ordered since Feb or March!:booo:

oh that really cheers me up my tires are gettin low...

I think TSL are awesome tires and wonder why they don't use them on Nascars or dragsters because the they are awesome in the snow.:awesomework: