• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

wheel weights

wheelinjp

So I called Les Schwab today about wheel weights and they wanted 35bucks for a box. I only needed a few so I went across the street and got two strips of them for 5bucks from the used tire store. Just thought id share. was that a good deal or a bad one? I think I have 24total 1/4oz weights in all. What is everyone running. I thought I read 6 in ea. front wheel and 4 in each back one. This is in an axial 2.2 scorpion with a novak 55t motor and hs 645 servo.

ya the used tire shop is where i went...the schwab weights r steel,but work great on top of the servo...i have 3oz in each front wheel,plus a steel beadlock ring inside each wheel also..my mini weighs almost 5 pounds..

If you want lead weights you better get them soon. They have been outlawed and tire stores wont be able to use them after this year. (something I read in the paper a while back) Better buy your fishing weights as well probably wont be long :booo:

perfect. thanks guys. Shane did you go to washington used tires on canyon? the hispanic man I got them from looked at me like I was crazy. I even told him I would buy used ones, but he sold me new ones. It sounds like you are running the weight I read somewhere 6oz. front(both combined) and I read 4oz. rear. I definitely need something to make the suspension droop faster, I think the weight will help that too.

Jim I was told that by my chiropractor (very avid fisherman) he must have read the same article you read. Thats encouraging cuz that meens thares at least 2 litterate men in Puyallup.

i use thick gauge solder wire, comes in 16 oz roll and is enough to do all four wheels. Just start and wrap it around your wheel nice and tite, tucker down in there and your done, about 5 or 6 bucks at ace. I think Im only running about 5 in the front and 3 in the back set. could be more I guess but I dont see the need for it.

I've been using 1/4" lead for steelhead fishing.....comes in a 1lb. roll at almost any store that carries fishing stuff.

why not use lead shot? the shot would always stay in the bottom of the tire where the weight would be most usefull.

how much weight are you guys running? and just curious:eeek: why so many of you guys have grams scales at your disposal?????:haha::haha::haha::haha:

how much weight are you guys running? and just curious:eeek: why so many of you guys have grams scales at your disposal?????:haha::haha::haha::haha:

Almost every wheel out there has specs for weight so you can figure that into the total weight. Every rig is different but start with total 10 ounce for the fronts and typical 1/2 that in the rear and experiment.

I need to buy a gram scale to be able to do that. I used 3oz. on each front wheel with the sticky back balancing weights. I think I have a roll of lead in my steelhead tackle box. i might try that stuff too. I had to cut a 1.5 allen wrench off and put it in my drill to take the damn beadlocks off. thats just crazy doing it without a drill.thanks for the advice.

Latest posts