• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wheelin Stereo

XtrmTJ

What is IYO, the best wheelin stereo ? I am lookin at a Sony Xploid ? Best for water, mud, dust, shock, ect, ect, ect ? TIA ! :hi:

not sure how well it will work out but i just found a sony boat stereo with a sealable front closure flap that covers the inner working portion.

IMHO its the dust that kills wheeling stereos. it will be a while till i can give feedback as im still building.

I've killed a few CD players with water and dust, but my current Alpine has help up for 5 years or so now. It skips once in a while, but I have no complaints at all about it.

I just did cheap Sony 6x9s (poly cone) in cheap carpeted boxes clamped to the roll bar. I've never protected them from the rain or mud and they've been going strong for almost 10 years. I have to replace the boxes every few years though since the MDF isn't fond of rain.

In this order:

ipod/earplug to rca convertor/bass control(easy volume adjustment)/amp/wakeboard speakers

amp and a ipod, head units just end up getting ****ed up

True, Just run a 3mm to RCA cable to a 400w 4c amp, then run 2 marrine grade 6.5 rounds with a marrine 8" sub on the other 2 chan. It sounds great and nothing will go wrong. Head units dont like water or dust and CDs skip when your rippin over jumps. Try and mount the amp in a dry area to combat water. :awesomework:

I've killed a few CD players with water and dust, but my current Alpine has help up for 5 years or so now. It skips once in a while, but I have no complaints at all about it.

Why would it, your rig hasn't seen dirt in how many years? :fawkdancesmiley: