• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wheelin this weekend?

I'll bet you $20 that half the 50% of the people in this thread will think that is a horrible idea. The other 45% won't even really read the post in its entirety, and the remaining 5% will actually agree with you.

I think that is a great idea. Would like to see what the DNR thinks of it.

It just seems ridiculous trying to change the one part of the name that is of no consequence...Reiter is what's known.

I really do think that reiter should not be used, as it is a disease, reiter's disease... so we're referring to "reiter pit" as a "disease pit" this is not good at all:mad: I suggest, "gumdrop and lollipop fairy playland' accepintg of all ages, sexes, orientations, races, and creeds":awesomework:

or GALFPAOAASORAC for short:;

This is exactly what I am talking about. Imagine for a moment if you were a legislater(sp) and a bill came before you to fund reiter "pit" or reiter "trails" which would you be more likely to support? Which sounds more attractive? Its trivial at best to us as users but it is important to project a "positive" image and trails just sounds better than pit. We as the users need to put our best foot forward by adopting the best name.

Does the DNR or GOV really need to be INVOLVED with Reiter at all & if so...

Wheres the Benefits from them doing so?

====================================

I understand keeping places protected / safe / and open for all to use... but again, why is the DNR involved... for how many years has Reiter been used and all was fine, as long as users were involved cleaning / maintaining it?

:corn:

Does the DNR or GOV really need to be INVOLVED with Reiter at all & if so...

Wheres the Benefits from them doing so?

====================================

I understand keeping places protected / safe / and open for all to use... but again, why is the DNR involved... for how many years has Reiter been used and all was fine, as long as users were involved cleaning / maintaining it?

:corn:

ummm Rich the state owns most of the land and the DNR is the land manager for the state. They are also the manager for all of the trust lands given to the state by the federal govt.to fund schools.

I can't wait until the DNR starts having to name trails and what people's reaction will be when they don't like the name Beat Yer ****. I can hear all you whiners already.

A trail at Rimrock is called 'Chickenshit'. On the maps it is called Chicken Soup....... BYS becomes 'Break your stuff'.

If we (user, DNR, etc...) are worried about the impact of the name than consider this:

May Creek ORV

It has nothing to do with Reiter or Pit or Trails, it reflects a naturally occuring terrain feature exactly like Evans Creek and Walker Valley.

The Reiter name and all negativity associated with it would be gone.
I like it!:awesomework:

A trail at Rimrock is called 'Chickenshit'. On the maps it is called Chicken Soup....... BYS becomes 'Break your stuff'.
Yeah, I know. Half the trails at Reiter have dirty words in them it seems like. And even to water them down like that will make people whine, trust me.

ummm Rich the state owns most of the land and the DNR is the land manager for the state. They are also the manager for all of the trust lands given to the state by the federal govt.to fund schools.

No kidding?

I thought Mr. Kash owned it! :haha:

Thanks for the tires Nuzz!

I promise to treat them with TLC...just like my own :redneck: :fawkdancesmiley:

Oh yeah, and thanks for pulling the dually outa the back yard too :011:

Thanks for the tires Nuzz!

I promise to treat them with TLC...just like my own :redneck: :fawkdancesmiley:

Oh yeah, and thanks for pulling the dually outa the back yard too :011:

No prob! My **** box looks better sitting on jackstands anyways... :haha: :haha: :haha:

And yeah, I got a wee bit o sod in my wheel wells :redneck: A combined 10 tires of fury :011::011::haha:

Of course overall, I think I still did a better lawn job at your place after we got my front dig working :D