• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

When and is there such a thing as to much power (HP)

Tyler Diesel

I'm just wondering since it seems everyone is going on a power trip. Seems like more and more guys are going for high horsepower. My question is this I know they are looking for wheel speed and ability to pull high gears but when it comes down to it what is the best power range to b in. Seems like sometimes watching the tube that to much power cause more problems than under powered just wondering what everyone else thinks.

That all depends on what purpose your rig is being used for. Crawling doesn't really require hp mainly gearing and high travel suspension. Bouncing does need high hp for the wheel speed and to be able to launch up the hills and maintain/gain speed.

Re:

You can break things underpowered and overpowered with the wrong tire choice. I'm a fan of one tons and moderate horse power but I can't afford to break crap left and right and this will be the path I take once I get a trail rig again.

rock crawling to hill killing an everything in between ive always though of it like drag racing... cause spinnin aint winnin. i love horsepower but to much with the wrong gear is a bad thing just like not enough with wrong gear is a bad thing.

alscott said:
rock crawling to hill killing an everything in between ive always though of it like drag racing... cause spinnin aint winnin. i love horsepower but to much with the wrong gear is a bad thing just like not enough with wrong gear is a bad thing.
thats the way our group rolls Alex :driving:

Re:

I would say it depends on your budget. If you have a rig and parts that can handle high hp 6 7 or even 1k hp you can never have too much.

Also I have seen a couple people that have awesome rigs but cant drive them. Their talent tank runs out before the skinny pedal gets its full travel.

Never heard anybody say "man I wish I just had a lil less hp"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just 'cause you got it don't mean you have to use it.

if you ain't got it, you CAN'T use it. :gtfo:

I've never had it, kind of afraid I might like it, so I'll just stay away :flipoff1: Kinda like cocaine and waffles :flipoff1:

It's like a car too fast, a girl too pretty.....

I'm over here just waiting for someone to post a Richie video. :****:

Re:

Bumpers said:
I would say it depends on your budget. If you have a rig and parts that can handle high hp 6 7 or even 1k hp you can never have too much.

Also I have seen a couple people that have awesome rigs but cant drive them. Their talent tank runs out before the skinny pedal gets its full travel.
This is the correct answer! It's all in what the driver can keep up with a lot of stuff is going on contrary to popular belief you can't just hit the gas and hold on! If you have so much power that you can't stay remotely on course then you have to let off a little!

This is the reason I'm going with a turbo build I have options on power output depending on boost right now I'm built to handle 30 psi but my buggy will b mainly a trail rig that dables in a few bounty hills I plan to only run 12-14 psi normally but have a boost fooler to crank it up if need b I'm thinking 550-600 horse is more than enough and with lower boost I can make the engine last longer