• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Where do you get your bearings?

Tankota

aside from buying "kits" for specific purposes...where do you get your bearings?
Online? Specific auto store? Bearing place like bearings Inc (name has changed though...can't remember new name).

I was using A&W bearings a couple years ago...just wanted to see what other places people use.

Tankota said:
Online? Specific auto store? Bearing place like bearings Inc (name has changed though...can't remember new name).

I was using A&W bearings a couple years ago...just wanted to see what other places people use.
I get wheel bearings at parts stores because they come in those nice convenient "sets". I've also gotten odd ball or single bearings at a bearing house.

Never bought them online, and I suppose I would, but usually by the time I know the bearing in question is toast it's about time to start putting things back together again and I don't wanna wait 4 or 5 days when it's available across town right now, tomorrow morning at the latest.

Bearing house in SoDo, who's name escapes me at the moment. Fraction of the cost elsewhere.

Tankota said:
aside from buying "kits" for specific purposes...where do you get your bearings?

Bearings Inc. is now called Applied Industrial Technologies.

http://smp.applied.com/

GRNTACO said:
McGuire Bearing.
Ya, that's the one!

McGuire Bearing Co
(206) 767-3283
5516 1st Ave S, Seattle 98108

Got a new bearing for my power steering idler for under $4 vs $16 from Toyota after having to prove to them that it can be replaced and they have a part # for it. Damned dealer wanted to sell me a $130 assembly when I just needed a bearing....

Last edited:
skrause said:
Ya, that's the one!

McGuire Bearing Co
(206) 767-3283
5516 1st Ave S, Seattle 98108

Got a new bearing for my power steering idler for under $4 vs $16 from Toyota after having to prove to them that it can be replaced and they have a part # for it. Damned dealer wanted to sell me a $130 assembly when I just needed a bearing....

Me too. They will also ship them to ya.