• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Where do you shop....

Boosted

for parts / accessories for your Tow Rig? Which local and mail order places have the best prices and knowledgable people?

Thanks in advance....
Bill

I have used The Power Shop in Enumclaw for several things, they are quite a drive from Arlington though. What kind of things are you looking for? Engine Performance? or Cosmetics?

I have used The Power Shop in Enumclaw for several things, they are quite a drive from Arlington though. What kind of things are you looking for? Engine Performance? or Cosmetics?

Cosmetics are for girls.... :haha:

Got the Power Shop bookmarked.... :awesomework:

Looking for some performance goodies as well as suspension upgrade. I havent decided if I want to do a level kit with a slightly larger than stock tire or a small lift with 35's. Doing a bunch of surfing looking at different rigs/pics before I decide.

BTW Clark, whats the deal on that compressor? Are you holding onto it until I get back home in December or did you sell it already?

:booo:
Cosmetics are for girls.... :haha:

Got the Power Shop bookmarked.... :awesomework:

Looking for some performance goodies as well as suspension upgrade. I havent decided if I want to do a level kit with a slightly larger than stock tire or a small lift with 35's. Doing a bunch of surfing looking at different rigs/pics before I decide.

BTW Clark, whats the deal on that compressor? Are you holding onto it until I get back home in December or did you sell it already?

it is pretty much sold

what brand is your tow rig?...........if it's a ford and a diesel..........buy from spartan diesel technologies for excessive amounts of power for the 6.4:awesomework: it's high.......but ford will never know:flipoff:

03 Dodge....

Thinking about getting a cold air intake, better exhaust (got 4" no cat now) and some sort of suspension level kit or lift (havent decided).

More importantly, somewhere I can shop / ask questions and know I got good info and decent prices.

Hey Porter, I will pm you with what I want as soon as I decide what it is....lol.

Thanks, Bill

you need to get onto a good dodge diesel forum, not sure which one is best since i own a chevy, and most chevy forums are worthless if you own a dodge.

I'll bet Lucky jeff could point you in the right direction.

Clark

Hey Porter, I will pm you with what I want as soon as I decide what it is....lol.

Thanks, Bill
No prob, I have an 06 and I research the hell out of everything before I get something and can give you the answers you need for real world towing.

03 Dodge....

Thinking about getting a cold air intake, better exhaust (got 4" no cat now) and some sort of suspension level kit or lift (havent decided).

More importantly, somewhere I can shop / ask questions and know I got good info and decent prices.

Thanks, Bill

Lift Pump should be your first mod and check local before you order out of state. support Wa business

I got my FASS lift pump from The Power Shop, they have them instock and I got mine same day i walked in for a BD manifold. Which was also in stock. Nothing better than instant satisfaction.

Clark

I'm not sure where your located.

I'm new to the forum but this is what I do for a living. I also work with the best 4x4 shop in the area, Olympic Offroad. Between the two of is we can set you up.

Give us a call down or stop by the shop and we can talk bout some options.

Ballews Welding, hitch truck and rv.
253-475-1200
2940 South M st
Tacoma wa 98409

Last edited:
I'm not sure where your located.

I'm new to the forum but this is what I do for a living. I also work with the best 4x4 shop in the area, Olympic Offroad. Between the two of is we can set you up.

Give us a call down or stop by the shop and we can talk bout some options.

Ballews Welding, hitch truck and rv.
253-475-1200
2940 South M st
Tacoma wa 98409

I can do all the work myself, however since Im temporarily in SC on work assignment, I was hoping to find a local shop (I live in Arlington) that I could start dealing with. I may give you a call tho just to see what options I have and quite possibly have you do some of the work.

Thanks, Bill

Smarty Smarty Smarty (programmer).. Lemme know if you want one.
Intake, you can't really go wrong whichever way you go
exhaust, you don't need to spend much. Diamond eyes are about the cheapest you can get. But they can be a bitch to install (cheap means doesn't fit worth a damn). But they do sound good. Don't waste your money on stainless.
A leveling kit will clear 35's with the right backspacing. Unless you're just wanting a little extra lift for the looks.

I get a lot of parts from the powershop. Only because my good friend Mike Ramos is the parts guy though.
Lenny at DDP has helped me out a bit. But being as big as they are now, the counter people really don't know much about the products.
Rip and Robert at Source have taken care of me for many years as well and give me awesome deals. They're located in Oregon though just across the border. That'd be the one I'd go through for shipping to your door. The other two are good walk in places.

Also getting an SRT10 gauge pod A pillar is the best option for those just getting a smarty. It's best to keep an eye on EGT's. Boost you won't really need to worry about. And that way you still keep the oh **** handle on the pillar

From everything Ive just gone thru in my dodge Look into Glacier Diesel out of Spokane. Rich is a very good guy to deal with and just helped me out of a bind. Youll hear FASS FASS FASS but seriously look into the AirDog Pump. And the guys at Pureflow are a great bunch of guys also. Like Jeff said the Smarty is the ticket, if I could sell my Edge any get anything for it I would run out and buy a Smarty that day. Guages are a guys best friend just so you know whats going on inside your motor. And dont be afraid to roll a little coal it dosent hurt and Hondas hate it. Theres no better feeling than blowing the doors off a popped collar.