• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Where to buy metal (CM) in the Birminghan area

mna0121

I know it has been covered in the past but I guess I haven't gotten the search words worded right to find the topic so.....
I need some 20' foot sticks of 4130 1 5/8x .083 and 1 1/2x .065 chrome moly. I will be going to the poker run at HPO from FL next weekend and want to pick it up as I go thru B-ham. Any recommendations?

Thanks and RTR

Re:

Just checked with James...they have some moly in stock he will check tomorrow. Call him or post back

Re:

Call James and order up man.
Toll Free: 866.RCK.CRWL
TollFree: 866.725.2795
Local: 205.521.7333

This is what's in stock
1-1/8-.065
1.25-0.95
1"-.065

Thanks guys. I called several places today and finally got lead to EMJ in Pell City AL. Their prices were a little cheaper than anything I found on the internet, mostly out of IL. Only thing that concerns me is the sales lady could not tell me that the tubing is AG but she did say they don't deal in the China crap. She was kind enough to pull the description up and stated "drawn in the USA melted in Germany" I told her that means AG she said she did not know??? They are a big company so I am trusting it is AG. A cage builder told me the Russian stuff is the best and ALL he will use. I have to order it by Monday and it will be waiting on me when I go thru Friday morning.
RTR