• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Where to get R&P changed?

LWB Samurai Joe

For those of you who dont do it yourself, where would you suggest getting a R&P change at. Ive got to change my Land Cruiser from 5.29 to 4.56 and Im not going to do it myself...... It's to important for me to screw up.....:mad:

LWB Samurai Joe said:
For those of you who dont do it yourself, where would you suggest getting a R&P change at. Ive got to change my Land Cruiser from 5.29 to 4.56 and Im not going to do it myself...... It's to important for me to screw up.....:mad:

Crash fab.... he's the shiznit

LWB Samurai Joe said:

Some clown :whistling: :D

One other thing tom and for the life of me I can't remember. There is a split in the gear seats for a course spline pinion/fine spline (course being 10 spline) but I can't remember if its a ratio difference or a year difference--I just remember when I did kerry's cruiser I had to get different yokes. I don't see alot of cruiser diffs(except the one I am doing right now,lol)

Well, these axles are 1987 60 series. The rear is a full floater, the front is standard. I should probably put in some Long Fields while Im at it. I 'll order some of those up. Theyve got 5.29's and ARB's in them now. I bought them set up that way. I got a great deal on them, but the gears are to low for that diesel engine, so 4.56's are what I need.

Last edited:
crash said:
One other thing tom and for the life of me I can't remember. There is a split in the gear seats for a course spline pinion/fine spline (course being 10 spline) but I can't remember if its a ratio difference or a year difference--I just remember when I did kerry's cruiser I had to get different yokes. I don't see alot of cruiser diffs(except the one I am doing right now,lol)

Year difference. 1976-ish and older is a 10-spline pinion, all the aftermarket gears are fine (27-spline).
And some of the other older ones use a standard cap screw type ring gear bolts, where the newer diffs, and newer gears use a nut/bolt combo.
87 FJ axles are a slam dunk.

Or so some diff guy told me.

Little Red Zuk said:
Year difference. 1976-ish and older is a 10-spline pinion, all the aftermarket gears are fine (27-spline).
And some of the other older ones use a standard cap screw type ring gear bolts, where the newer diffs, and newer gears use a nut/bolt combo.
87 FJ axles are a slam dunk.

Or so some diff guy told me.

"paitently waited for so said diff tech guy" :whistling:

Thanks daren. I just remember I went from a course spline to a fine spline but that was like 4 years ago I did kerry's rig :D

The diffs I am right now use a nut/bolt setup.

LWB Samurai Joe said:
Thanks everyone. The rear is a factory full floater. Im pretty sure that requires a different R&P set up. Im looking into that right now.

Nope. Standard Cruiser 9.5 gears. Only the carrier bearing might be different, depending on which ARB part number it is.

Latest posts