• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Where to go snow wheeling?

chickenwing

Can you still get to Jacks pass and is it open to just go and drive the loggin roads? I havent been there in probably 5 years. Im lookin to do some snow wheeling this weekend. I went to Green Mtn off of mtn loop hwy Tuesday and there was some snow but not enough to make it hard. So where should I go considering the snow level is pretty high compared to the last couple weeks and directions to a place would help too.

Last edited:
Yes but you have to go up beckler river road. Head east till you past the town of skykomish and beckler is about 1/4 mile past town on the left. Turn there and head up.

Ok so head up highway 2 and keep going past skykomish. Just past that town you will see the ranger station on the left. Foss river road is about 1/4" past the ranger station on your right(if I remember correctly there is a little store/mocha stand on your left just before the turn).

Once on foss river road follow it. You will make a sharp turn and over a one lane bridge. Now if the road has no snow on it be careful as I almost dropped my truck trailer into the damn river last year. So once over the bridge and the road bends to the right/straight away you will probably see a few tow rigs/trailers parked along the road (typically where we unload with decent snow).

In any case once you unload just continue to follow the road. You will go under the railroad tracks(left bend in the road) and then uphill(large parking area to your left). Follow the road till you come to a big Y. At that Y turn left and just follow the tracks--once you hit that road you won't have any problems finding us.
Directions from the Tonga Ridge snow run, this should satisfy your requirements. :corn:

How far did you drive up Green mountain?I was thinking on going up there possibly in a few weeks if the snow gets good.

How far did you drive up Green mountain?I was thinking on going up there possibly in a few weeks if the snow gets good.

I went to the big bridge then turned around it really wasnt getting any deeper but the snow was good just not deep enough maybe 2-3 feet and ruts already. I heard the gates closed up around the trail head to hike three fingers but i will probalby make another run up there after the next snow.

I'll be gone on a much needed few days of vacation. But I might be up trhe weekend after...

:corn: Just so happens that a few of the RRR's are gonna be up there sunday the 30th---sahsa's coming over from CDA for the weekend, and she wants to go wheel! :redneck:

:corn: Just so happens that a few of the RRR's are gonna be up there sunday the 30th---sahsa's coming over from CDA for the weekend, and she wants to go wheel! :redneck:

Good timing..... :redneck: Ya so far I am game :awesomework:

I went to the big bridge then turned around it really wasnt getting any deeper but the snow was good just not deep enough maybe 2-3 feet and ruts already. I heard the gates closed up around the trail head to hike three fingers but i will probalby make another run up there after the next snow.
Let me know when your going,I'm here in Lake Stevens.

Also to add will give me a chance to meet her--never have had the chance in the past :awesomework: