• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

where to start

darius

Shorter than LRZ
So I hear people talking about picking up tlt kit's, I see it's only a 1/18th scale. So is that the baseline to start with and what do I have to buy after I get it. are these only good for the axles, shock's? I'm totally clueless.

Yes the TLT is the perfect starting base. You really only use the axles and chassis plates--but for what you would pay to piece the axles together getting the tlt is alot cheaper....

OK thank you I am an idiot, somebody please list what I need you make the list and I will buy the parts. I can put it together just don't have a clue about what I need to buy. So I need a chassis, axles, how about a motor? a transmission? a reciever or whatever? No clue, help please.:hi:

darius said:
OK thank you I am an idiot, somebody please list what I need you make the list and I will buy the parts. I can put it together just don't have a clue about what I need to buy. So I need a chassis, axles, how about a motor? a transmission? a reciever or whatever? No clue, help please.:hi:

If I get a chance toi sit still tonight I will PM you a good list.....:;

crash said:
If I get a chance toi sit still tonight I will PM you a good list.....:;

Thanks, the more I dig on RC crawler and crawlerstore.com the more I am finding. the only complete write up I have found has been on clod's and from what I gather they are more expensive than a tlt.

rccrawler has a how to build a tlt thread very informative. orcrc site has agood one also everything a guy needs to know .search search search did i say search. hope this helps trying to post my way out of the ruts
________
silversurfer vaporizer

Last edited: