• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

which 38" tires ?

rockmike

I seem to think a 38'' tire would be ideal for my new rig im building.Its a sammy with 107" wheelbase should be a trail weight of about 3500lbs.

I mostly wheel snatches and rimrock,I prefer trail wheelin but still enjoy the challenges of rockcrawling plus some dune thrashing.

I can have a set of 38" tsl's for about $600.00 but there kinda old and the rubber is as hard as my head.

what other brands that make a 38 are you guys liking?

Ive been looking at the maxxis kreepy crawlers in a 38x13x15 but damn there exspensive.

Very interested in some opinions and experiances on the differant 38's

Thanks,Mike.

I seem to think a 38'' tire would be ideal for my new rig im building.Its a sammy with 107" wheelbase should be a trail weight of about 3500lbs.

I mostly wheel snatches and rimrock,I prefer trail wheelin but still enjoy the challenges of rockcrawling plus some dune thrashing.

I can have a set of 38" tsl's for about $600.00 but there kinda old and the rubber is as hard as my head.

what other brands that make a 38 are you guys liking?

Ive been looking at the maxxis kreepy crawlers in a 38x13x15 but damn there exspensive.

Very interested in some opinions and experiances on the differant 38's

Thanks,Mike.

Pit Bull Rockers

Pat at Those Guys Rod and Customs can hook you up with a tire that measures around 38"

They will probably run you around 1300 bucks though.

How do you think the pitbull rockers stack up against the creepy crawlers?

The one thing I dont like about the rcokers,is they seem to be very wide.Not to sure a wide tire will work that good on the snot up at rimrock and snatches hen its wet.

watcha think about that????

100% agree!:awesomework:
X2 best all around NW tire. Not the rock crawlers choice, but hey this is washington, land of mud and wet logs/roots.

100% disagree I used to run them and will never go back. Until you try a rocker you just wont understand.

I dont feel you opinion is very valid on tires. You dont have a front locker or longs even. How could you possibly know if your limits were your tires when the rig is lacking the basics?

X2 best all around NW tire. Not the rock crawlers choice, but hey this is washington, land of mud and wet logs/roots.

I dont feel you opinion is very valid on tires. You dont have a front locker or longs even. How could you possibly know if your limits were your tires when the rig is lacking the basics?

Great points Chop shop:beer::beer:

Keep her coming guys,this is abig decision and i want make the right one.I got alot of time and money in this new rig i want it to have a good tire,its all about the traction!:beer:

Well the reason I say these tires trump any other tire out there is because with no locker or longs I can do everything anyone with a leaf sprung rig and lockers does. When I had TSL's I was not going anywhere that my flatty goes now. There is alot of people on this board that can atast that my rig does things it shouldnt and it definetly aint my driving. On wet rocks they need to be warmed up just a quick smoke show and they are fine.

My jeep does thing's it would never do with swampers. I am not a big rock dude but at evans they seem to get good traction on all the wet rock slabs.

100% disagree I used to run them and will never go back. Until you try a rocker you just wont understand.

I wheel with a bunch of guys that run them, they are a great tire but they don't have anything in a 38. The 37 is a legit 35 and the 39.5 is a 39" and the size requested is a 38" tire so where am I wrong? :flipoff:

I just won understand.... :haha:

Well the reason I say these tires trump any other tire out there is because with no locker or longs I can do everything anyone with a leaf sprung rig and lockers does. When I had TSL's I was not going anywhere that my flatty goes now. There is alot of people on this board that can atast that my rig does things it shouldnt and it definetly aint my driving. On wet rocks they need to be warmed up just a quick smoke show and they are fine.

My jeep does thing's it would never do with swampers. I am not a big rock dude but at evans they seem to get good traction on all the wet rock slabs.

I dont even understand how "warming up" one front tire will help ya?:rolleyes:

You have no clue what a rig or different rigs are capable of. You are still mystified by evans and basic equipment. :haha:

Please keep learning.:beer:

I wheel with a bunch of guys that run them, they are a great tire but they don't have anything in a 38. The 37 is a legit 35 and the 39.5 is a 39" and the size requested is a 38" tire so where am I wrong? :flipoff:

I just won understand.... :haha:

I believe the new radials have a true 38 but pat would know better. He is running the radials this year so he will have some good feedback on them.

I dont even understand how "warming up" one front tire will help ya?:rolleyes:

You have no clue what a rig or different rigs are capable of. You are still mystified by evans and basic equipment. :haha:

Please keep learning.:beer:

What are you talking about warming up both my rears will help me out alot. Mystified by evans and basic equipment. You crack me up I wheel what I can afford not what I want. Dont worry though soon My new rig will be done then we can play chop.

What are you talking about warming up both my rears will help me out alot. Mystified by evans and basic equipment. You crack me up I wheel what I can afford not what I want. Dont worry though soon My new rig will be done then we can play chop.

Im just like pickin on ya. When you want to run elbe? I aint runnin the alder loop or sunrise either?:corn:

When your rig is done the way you WANT it, you will look back at these statements and think, "wow, I had no clue, my rig works way better now!".

For the record I have never ran ANY Pitbul tires ever. I know lots that like them. I have however ran 4 sets of 38.5x14.5 SXs over the years and even driving on junk cars wont kill them.:beer:

I have been VERY happy with my Rockers in all conditions.

Yes, they are wide, and that is part of why I like em.

They work FANTASTIC in the snow at about 3psi.

I have to agree with chop.

front and rear lockers, and crawler gears... its a whole new ball game.

you will have to learn to drive all over again.

Im just like pickin on ya. When you want to run elbe? I aint runnin the alder loop or sunrise either?:corn:

When your rig is done the way you WANT it, you will look back at these statements and think, "wow, I had no clue, my rig works way better now!".

For the record I have never ran ANY Pitbul tires ever. I know lots that like them. I have however ran 4 sets of 38.5x14.5 SXs over the years and even driving on junk cars wont kill them.:beer:

I will be up at elbe with my wif on the 2nd would be glad to meet ya I will look for the blue yota.

My flatty is as built as it will be with exception of a locker and longs.

My sami is where I am throwing all my money. 4.3 4l60e D300 dana 60's F&R and some links and air shocks. I will be learning alot thats for sure.

As for the pit bulls I hated them at first because they just would not hook up on anything. You have to wera them in really good drive around on the street with about 2 psi in them and then the just grab and go.