• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Which car.....

Draco

Thinking about buying the wife a new car. (She deserves one for putting up with me. :****: ) Cheap heifer won't buy one on her own....I may surprise her. Although, she may kick my ass for trading in her '98 Cobra and not telling her. ;D

Already know it'll be black and 6spd. manual. All 3 are in the same price range and power is pretty close also. I guess body style is the main thing....they're all about the same to me. She hasn't said she liked one over the other either....so, What say ya'll?

Camaro SS

Challenger R/T

Mustang GT

That damn Mustang drives good. Drove one this morning. Pretty slick ride, and quiet (road noise) for what it is.

i say the ford or dodge drool

im just not much of a chevy fan :dunno:

however it would probably be hard for me to trade in a cobra also :****:

I'd say the Camaro, and if you got the money then get her this one. What women doesn't like a convertible.

Open Air Aggression: 2011 HPE600 Camaro Convertible

And what man doesn't like,

Power:
755 bhp @ 6,400 rpm

Camaro HPE700 Package Includes:
• Base 2011 Camaro SS with 6-speed Manual Transmission (convertible or hardtop)
• LS9 6.2L Supercharged Engine with Intercooler
• HPE Cold Air Induction
• Supercharger Pulley Upgrade
• High-Flow Fuel Injectors
• Fuel System Upgrade
• Intercooler System Upgrade
• CarbonAeroâ"¢ Bodywork: Front Splitter, Rear Bumper Diffuser & Side Rocker Panels
• Long Tube Stainless Steel Headers
• HPE Extreme Duty Clutch & Flywheel Upgrade
• HPE Race Shift Knob and Short Throw Shifter Upgrade
• HPE Light Weight Alloy Wheels
• 20 x 11 inch (rear); 20 x 9.5 inch (front)
• Pirelli P-Zero Tires, 275/35-YR20 (front); 305/35-YR20 (rear)
• Brembo Front Brake Upgrade: 6-Piston Calipers with Light Weight 15 inch Cross-Drilled Rotors
• Brembo Rear Brake Upgrade: 4-Piston Calipers with 15 inch Light Weight Rotors
• KW / HPE Variant 3 Adjustable Coil-Over Suspension Upgrade
• KW / HPE Front & Rear Sway Bar Upgrades
• Painted Hockey Stick Side Stripe with LS9 logo
• Hennessey Embroidered Head Rests & Floor Mats
• Limited Edition HPE700 Dash Plaque & Hood Plaque
• HPE700 & Hennessey Logos Painted on Rear Deck Lid
• Hennessey Letter of Authenticity
• HPE700 buyers will also receive a 1-day performance driving course at Lonestar Motorsports Park â€" a 1/4 mile dragstrip facility located adjacent to Hennessey’s 30,000 square foot production facility and showroom.

Last time I got in a Mustang was around 2005 or 6 when they changed the body style. I thought the interior was pretty shitty and cheap with lots of crappy ugly plastic. It looked to me almost like a children's toy replica of a real performance vehicle. The 4.6L didn't impress me either. In the beginning people couldn't get enough of them and we couldn't keep them on the lot. (I worked for Ford at the time.) Then for some reason Ford built like eleventytrillion of them right around the time that I think everybody started realizing what I had. Suddenly they were practically giving them away. What was a $30,000 GT was selling for around $20,000 which caused resale value to plummet. My wife (g/f at the time) had bought one during their peak and at the time we sold it, it was 3 years old and they were selling the same exact car on all the dealer lots for the same price that KBB had on her used one ... literally. I like Ford because they didn't go tot he Fed begging for hand outs and I normally like their products. But the whole dealership followed by ownership experience with Mustangs really left a bad taste in my mouth. I wouldn't buy a Mustang as a result.

My wife thinks the New Chargers are sexy as hell. I personally like Camaros better. But recently she had to rent a car to go on a road trip and she had the option of both a brand new Charger and Camaro for the same price and she chose the Charger.

Personally, you simply can't beat an LS engine. I say Camaro.

J. J.

Slime Green Camaro with murdered out rims. Mohawk, early style Oakleys and crank some Duran Duran, OUT!!!!! :afro:

2010_chevrolet_camaro_synergy_images_001.jpg

Chevy has CHEAP ASS MEXICAN MADE plastic, I'll never buy another one, go Dodge :dblthumb:

InDaShop said:
Slime Green Camaro with murdered out rims. Mohawk, early style Oakleys and crank some Duran Duran, OUT!!!!! :afro:

2010_chevrolet_camaro_synergy_images_001.jpg

Saw a ninja driving one of those the other day here in town and he had a pair of sunglasses on that matched the car :****:

Challenger, it's just plain cool. Mustangs and Camaros, I don't see them holding their value 13 years later (unless you get something like the Cobra you have now). I am liking the direction all these mfgs are taking by designing new stuff to look like the classics.

I am a huge dodge fan but was very dissapointed in the challengers fit and finish when we looked at getting one. We also looked at the camaro and mustang, camaro was bad ass but has some pretty big blind spots and wasnt as comfortable as the mustang. The mustangs fit and finish was by far the best and was the most comfortable ride wise but didnt seem to have the power the camaro had. I would either go with the camaro or mustang

Im not sure about the power on the GM's but there are a few guys running low 11s even a few high 10s NA on the new mustangs.

Gonna go look at a Camaro and see how they drive. It has about 15hp more than the Mustang. Having to wait and slip around when I get time to look. Want it to be a total surprise for her.