• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Which crawler to get

Get the base model(stock) And build it from their,make it ur own.:awesomework:

WHat do you want it to do?

2.2 is a good class size and also a very common size.

How much do you want to spend?

Depends how much you want to spend and what you want to do with it in the end. If you just want to bash around your yard or around the campfire, the axial ready to run is a few hundred and works great. If you get the disease and want to comp (most fun) that axial will do great in sportsman class. If you want to run pro class break out your wallet.

IMO the losi comp crawler is less expensive to build than an axial for a comp level rig plus you get rear dig. Total cost is around $900. The Losi mini built to hilt is around 5 hun and is a super fun little car. A MOA car is around 1100. Crash has the write up. In that case if you havent done much crawling you would want to buy a chassis kit versus making your own.

dont want to spend a fortue but just somethin to play at the house with and like you said around the camp after whellin the big ones ill have check out the losi one but you never know i just might catch the bug and go big thanks for the input

Losi's are junk IMO, go with a RTC( ready to crawl) AX-10. Biggest support for after market parts. Axial crawlers are tough out of the box and very little has to be done to have a good reliable rig.

The Losi 1.9 is weak out of the box, I had one, for about 2 weeks, junk.
The 2.2 Losi comp crawler is too comp specific to ever be fun as a basher. Worm drive axles where never meant to be run very long, they heat up quick. The Losi night crawler is a bigger POS than the comp 2.2 crawler.

If you are ever going to compete at a serious level, buy MOA axles and build it. I highly recommend the Bully axles from RC4WD.

No matter what you buy, they all cost real money, quality RC's in any category where never cheap. Anybody who tells you different is full of ****. I have been into RC's for a very long time. Racing, bashing, nitro boats, and now RC crawling since it began.

Losi's are junk IMO, go with a RTC( ready to crawl) AX-10. Biggest support for after market parts. Axial crawlers are tough out of the box and very little has to be done to have a good reliable rig.

The 2.2 Losi comp crawler is too comp specific to ever be fun as a basher. Worm drive axles where never meant to be run very long, they heat up quick. The Losi night crawler is a bigger POS than the comp 2.2 crawler.

If you are ever going to compete at a serious level, buy MOA axles and build it. I highly recommend the Bully axles from RC4WD.

No matter what you buy, they all cost real money, quality RC's in any category where never cheap. Anybody who tells you different is full of ****. I have been into RC's for a very long time. Racing, bashing, nitro boats, and now RC crawling since it began.

I ended up getting the AX-10 and it seemed like a good start. Of course, I can't really leave anything alone and just picked up a bunch of aftermarket items to replace several stock components. Most seems pretty straight forward but the this Castle Sidewinder ESC may be kinda interesting to set-up.

Buy used. let someone else spend a grand and you can give them 300 for it and go home and tell the wife it cost 500 and keep the other 200.:D

Uh think you need to do some more research "DUDE", losi crawlers are by far not junk, ive had multiple crawlers, and my losi mrc is the best one so far.

I like my Berg based crawler and I am not regreting the money I spent for it. So far it has held up to a fair amount of abuse. I know I still have alot of fine tuning and other things to tweak but I know I have a decent set of axles to start with.

Uh think you need to do some more research "DUDE", losi crawlers are by far not junk, ive had multiple crawlers, and my losi mrc is the best one so far.

you really don't know who I am huh. research?? :haha:

I probably forgot more about crawlers that most people know, and what I said was my opinion, take it or leave it.

Here is a little history.

Started crawling in 2003, Super class rigs where all that was out there. 2.2's weren't even thought of yet.

Built my first 2.2 in July of 2004, probably the first TLT based crawler in the state.

I started WARCRC in 2004, held the first comp ever in the state on May 13th, 2005.

I lost count of how many crawlers I have had. There are a few things that are still done today found on RCC that I myself have came up with and made work. Basically between me and a hand full of guys who used to build crawlers from scratch is what the AX-10 was based off of, our ideas and engineering.

:rolleyes:

I've seen plenty of Losi's spank Axial based rigs and vice versa. Both are awesome but Losi has the edge with the worm drive. No drag brake needed, it will stay where it's put. I have a night crawler and it's fantastic out of the box and only a few small upgrades are needed to make it a real contender.

Here's the one I chose to get into rc crawling with.
http://cgi.ebay.com/REDCAT-ROCKSLID...pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item4ceece9a8b

My only real experience with all the other types is from videos on YouTube. But I've found this 159 dollar special is pretty cool right out of the box for a noob like myself. It's perfect for learning the real thing.

Most Axial stuff swaps right onto it, so it's upgradeable as you need.

I'm sure it's no comp rig, not saying it's even in the same class. But it's fun as hell. I've made a big pile of broken concrete to play on behind the garage.

Here's a crappy little video of it in action.
http://www.youtube.com/user/EZapar#p/a/u/0/Cdfdss-SkrQ

picture.php

Last edited:
I have seen more losi's do far better than the ax10's mod to mod wise....

depends on who is driving wich.:;

I personally know probably one of the top Losi drivers around here, Todd Barry. He has spent more money on that car to get it to work the way it does than I ever did on my AX-10. I crawled with Todd back when I had my old shafty, neither one of the cars where out doing the other for the most part. Todd and I are basically really close on the driving skill level.

It all comes down to what you like, it always does. MOA's are better than anything out there, you know that and I know that. Some prefer Bergs, some prefer Bully's.

depends on who is driving wich.:;

I personally know probably one of the top Losi drivers around here, Todd Barry. He has spent more money on that car to get it to work the way it does than I ever did on my AX-10. I crawled with Todd back when I had my old shafty, neither one of the cars where out doing the other for the most part. Todd and I are basically really close on the driving skill level.

It all comes down to what you like, it always does. MOA's are better than anything out there, you know that and I know that. Some prefer Bergs, some prefer Bully's.

Now I'm new to this RC stuff. But how can you measure drivers skill enough to call someone the best around here? These are RC crawlers, not real rigs. You can't say he has balls of steal and aint scared of **** because there is no real fear factor involved. Now I think if your a good wheeler then these crawling skills cross over to RC. I know how to pick a line, I know what the chances of a roll-over are, I know the dynamics of suspensions, etc..

Sorry I just find it hard for you make a claim like that. AND NO.. I'm not wasting my time coming to a RC event just to prove myself. :rolleyes:

Now back to the Losi VS. AX-10.. I'm shopping for a different RC crawler. :kiss: