• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Which crawler to get

Now I'm new to this RC stuff. But how can you measure drivers skill enough to call someone the best around here? These are RC crawlers, not real rigs. You can't say he has balls of steal and aint scared of **** because there is no real fear factor involved. Now I think if your a good wheeler then these crawling skills cross over to RC. I know how to pick a line, I know what the chances of a roll-over are, I know the dynamics of suspensions, etc..

Sorry I just find it hard for you make a claim like that. AND NO.. I'm not wasting my time coming to a RC event just to prove myself. :rolleyes:

Now back to the Losi VS. AX-10.. I'm shopping for a different RC crawler. :kiss:

yep your new, and don't know what your talking about as usual. :haha:

and being a good 1:1 driver has nothing to do with driving a RC crawler. There are a few similarities, but very few. Setting up a rc crawler compared to the real thing is different, and when driving a crawler you have to learn a whole new aspect on how to get the car to work on a given line.

Thinking an RC crawler can be driven and set up like the real thing was the first mistake I had to get past years ago when I got into this.

yep your new, and don't know what your talking about as usual. :haha:

and being a good 1:1 driver has nothing to do with driving a RC crawler. There are a few similarities, but very few. Setting up a rc crawler compared to the real thing is different, and when driving a crawler you have to learn a whole new aspect on how to get the car to work on a given line.

Thinking an RC crawler can be driven and set up like the real thing was the first mistake I had to get past years ago when I got into this.

But... you never where a real wheeler anyways. :flipoff:

But lets say I buy the best RC crawler out there, already set-up. You don't think with a few days of practice I couldn't hand you your ass??

But lets say I buy the best RC crawler out there, already set-up. You don't think with a few days of practice I couldn't hand you your ass??

Nope, even the absolute best one will not have all the good parts. And it would not be set up.

:haha::haha::haha:

Ya--right :haha:

Just think Rubicon compared to your Heep

Just think Rubicon compared to your Heep

I dont get it because my jeep is far well built compared to a rubi. I'm saying give me the best RC crawler with all the best mods etc.. and see what happens.

yea whatever, been there done that.

You never know, everybody is different. Some catch on right away and drive exceptionally well, some don't. I am not the best out there and it's my own fault. I don't put the time in to be a top guy in competition. I can build a car that works extremely well. I have been told that more than once from guys who have drove my crawlers.

Show up to a GTG some time, it is just some fun crawling, no official comp. You can see what these things can really do with experianced drivers. You know where to find out when and where, sign up if you want, ask questions, we are always helpfull on warcrc.org.

OK so back on topic.

You said MOA's are better, why? Is it the added weight put to the ground?? This clod I have does well climbing when I can get both MOA axles spinning. But getting them both to run at the same time is the challenge.

OK so back on topic.

You said MOA's are better, why? Is it the added weight put to the ground?? This clod I have does well climbing when I can get both MOA axles spinning. But getting them both to run at the same time is the challenge.

MOA's will give you the lowest COG and no torque twist. Torque twist on a shafty will decrease traction from unloading ground pressure from on side of the car. Really bad torque twist will actually carry a front tire off the ground in a climb.
Even an MOA can lift a front tire once in awhile if the front link geometry isn't right. MOA cars are easy to set up right too. MOA's also have an advantage of front and rear dig. Losi offers that too, but an MOA crawler will have a lower COG with a better belly clearance

Getting the stall out of a twin motored car takes the right gearing. You run a lower gear in the rear with the front over driven.

I have this CLOD?? that was floating around here on NWW. I ended up getting it somehow. Huge tires which I like, but the bearing in the front hubs are loose as ****. Do I replace the hubs or can I get tighter bearings? That's half the problem with the lack of steering. Too much play in the hubs. I don't even know what kind of axles these are...

I''ll have to try the gearing swap. I didn't know you could change the gears on these things. That's cool to know. I still want a Losi or AX10. Just for the more realistic's of a mini buggy.

There are plus's and minus's to either MOA's or Shafty's.

With Shafty's you have constant power aplied to the tires but you also fight torque twist. Also with a shafty you fight a mechanical tranny for digs be it front digs or like the losi front/rear. Also your link geomety and spring rates are very critical to have a well tuned rig.

With MOA's you don't have constant power to the ground. IMO I have only had issues with this when it came to some very nutty climbs and I mean VERY steep. With MOA's you don't have any mechanical devices controling your axles for dig--all electricaly controlled be it by any method. Once you learn what clod stall is and learn how to use it most really like it.

Thats all I can think off the top of my head.

I'm thinking about tearing one of the speed controllers out of one of my other toys and running a second battery with it's own speed controller. I have 2 of those toys-r-us rubi crawlers. There's some crap I steal off of it. :redneck:

I have this CLOD?? that was floating around here on NWW. I ended up getting it somehow. Huge tires which I like, but the bearing in the front hubs are loose as ****. Do I replace the hubs or can I get tighter bearings? That's half the problem with the lack of steering. Too much play in the hubs. I don't even know what kind of axles these are...

I''ll have to try the gearing swap. I didn't know you could change the gears on these things. That's cool to know. I still want a Losi or AX10. Just for the more realistic's of a mini buggy.

Does it have a t-makk body? Stick chassis (aluminum rod with heim joints)?
I built it :) Replace the hubs and the outter axle housings with aluminum those stockers are junk. The tires are from a losi lst. Not the best setup. Most of your motor stoll is due to the fact that your traction sux and the front spins freely. I cant remeber what pinions I used but the front should already be over driven. Also bb's in the tires/no foams/old school tires that arent meant for crawlin, streached over a 40 series wheel (makes the sidewall stiff) is where I would start. Then build a poor man servo dig switch for it. Hell just send it my way so I can do it right this time :) Oh yeah the axles are from a tamiya bullhead which is the same as the clodbuster.

DSC02653.jpg

DSC02656.jpg

Yep thats the one I have. :awesomework:

Question. The rear single shock. It's still mounted to the top, but where does it connect to the rear axle?

have not really researched it but do any of the major manufacturers make a ready to run MOA crawler?

Last edited: