• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Which pass is needed for which area?

Eric

I know I am confused about which pass is required for which land?

SO which areas requre the Northwest Forest Pass and which ones Require the Discovery pass? And special things required like a map of Evans creek sorta stuff? Just trying to make sure I am informed.

Capital forest?
Tahuya?
Evans Creek?
Elbe?
Walker?
Naches?
Rimrock?
Liberty?
Any other places I am forgeting?

Thanks!

Duh Eric!!! You forgot Walker!!! :prod:
And to answer---the Discovery Pass will be required at Walker as far as passes go...:awesomework:

The NW forest pass is only required on FS where it is marked, you don't need one just to be on the land (who would figure the feds would be better than the state). A disco pass is need to have any non OHV vehicle any where on state land (unless it's a paying campground or DFW managed area and you have a hunt/fish license).

well I am not 100% sure as to what passes are needed where yet... I will worry about all that once I get my junk back together..

as far as maps... well, here is a list of the maps that I have... hopefully they are still current, at least a little bit... :haha:

CleElum-Teanaway_Map.pdf

Evans_Creek_Map2.pdf

Evans_Creek_Map.pdf

Manastash_Trail_Map.pdf

Naches_Trail_Map.pdf

Elbe_ORV_Map.JPG

Walker_Valley_Map.pdf

that is all I have that I could find that I currently have on my website, except Reiter, but no reason to link to that map.. :mad:

Capital forest: Discovery
Tahuya:discovery
Evans Creek?
Elbe: Discovery
Walker?
Naches:no pass required
Rimrock no pass required
Liberty?
Well I Answered the ones I know:awesomework:

Thanks for the maps, always nice to have good ones.

well I am not 100% sure as to what passes are needed where yet... I will worry about all that once I get my junk back together..

as far as maps... well, here is a list of the maps that I have... hopefully they are still current, at least a little bit... :haha:

CleElum-Teanaway_Map.pdf

Evans_Creek_Map2.pdf

Evans_Creek_Map.pdf

Manastash_Trail_Map.pdf

Naches_Trail_Map.pdf

Elbe_ORV_Map.JPG

Walker_Valley_Map.pdf

that is all I have that I could find that I currently have on my website, except Reiter, but no reason to link to that map.. :mad:

Capital forest: Discovery
Tahuya:discovery
Evans Creek?
Elbe: Discovery
Walker?
Rimrock no pass required
Liberty?
Well I Answered the ones I know:awesomework:

Thank you this is what I was looking for, just need to finish the chart.

Thanks for the maps, always nice to have good ones.

No Problem...

I guess it seems that one might just have to buy both the forest use and the discovery pass just to be sure...

the next thing is... where does one get the 'discovery pass'??

No Problem...

I guess it seems that one might just have to buy both the forest use and the discovery pass just to be sure...

the next thing is... where does one get the 'discovery pass'??

there is a thread on this in the chatterbox on page 4 titled discovery pass there is also a link there to where you might be able to get it i didn

So according to that statement (and the website) I should not have gotten a citation for not having a pass, while driving out of the Evans Creek day parking, but only if I had been parked ( I was not parked at all, only driving through)? This was a couple years ago though.

Last edited:
So according to that statement (and the website) I should not have gotten a citation for not having a pass, while driving out of the Evans Creek day parking, but only if I had been parked ( I was not parked at all, only driving through)? This was a couple years ago though.

Correct. The FS has been blowing smoke up all of our asses for a long time now.

we dont need a pass to wheel for the day right?

these passes are for hiking trail heads and camping purposes only like mentioned before or am i missing something:confused:

we dont need a pass to wheel for the day right?

these passes are for hiking trail heads and camping purposes only like mentioned before or am i missing something:confused:

The pass is intended to be for trail head staging or campground use. No if you're wheeling you're not supposed to need the pass but I've been told the FS has ticketed people for not having it. IMHO this is HUGE bullshit that they do this!! If I got a ticket for this I would first fight it in court then complain to every FS office up the food chain above the one giving the tickets.....I rarely if ever wheel Evans so......

If somebody has the time---Can you make a post or a thread with the correct info regarding the pass so I can sticky it for folks.

Clarification on passes required at a specific area;

Capital forest: Discovery Pass
Tahuya: Discovery Pass
Evans Creek NW Forest Pass
Elbe: Discovery Pass
Walker: Discovery Pass
Rimrock no pass required
Liberty?

To add link for passes. and other things in here.

Any one know about liberty? or other areas to add to this list?

Last edited:
If somebody has the time---Can you make a post or a thread with the correct info regarding the pass so I can sticky it for folks.

Crash... I just made a thread with a link to a PDF map that shows all of the managed DNR land in the state that requires the pass...

http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62613

the map was updated as of 6-27-11 and I will leave the file on my website so anyone that wants it can easily downlaod it..:awesomework:

Last edited: