• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Which tire

jason burt

I'm looking to buy a new set of tires for my rig. I have a 85 Jeep CJ7, 304, TF727, Dana 300, wide track axles with 3.54 gears and Yukon chromos. I'm Currently running 33 TSL bias. My new tire choices are 35x12.50 Maxxis Creepy Crawler bias, 35x12.50 Maxxis Trepador bias, 36x12.50 TSL bias or 36x12.50 TSL SX all for 15 in wheel. I have stock cj wheels with weld on bead locks. Please don't bash on my stock cj stuff I'm trying to keep it "all jeep". I have a set of 35x12.50 BFG ATs for street driving so these tires will be off road only. My concerns are:
Which ones are tallest? Are the Maxxis really 35s or shorter?
Which ones are cheapest?
Which ones are toughest?
Which chunk less?
Which are the softest or stickiest?
Thanks for any input.

I'm looking to buy a new set of tires for my rig. I have a 85 Jeep CJ7, 304, TF727, Dana 300, wide track axles with 3.54 gears and Yukon chromos. I'm Currently running 33 TSL bias. My new tire choices are 35x12.50 Maxxis Creepy Crawler bias, 35x12.50 Maxxis Trepador bias, 36x12.50 TSL bias or 36x12.50 TSL SX all for 15 in wheel. I have stock cj wheels with weld on bead locks. Please don't bash on my stock cj stuff I'm trying to keep it "all jeep". I have a set of 35x12.50 BFG ATs for street driving so these tires will be off road only. My concerns are:
Which ones are tallest? Are the Maxxis really 35s or shorter?
Which ones are cheapest?
Which ones are toughest?
Which chunk less?
Which are the softest or stickiest?
Thanks for any input.

Cut Sx's or cut boggers for the win. With that gearing I would think 100 yards would be enuf to get goin. :****: 4:56 there's not much crawlin .. 3:54 I'm guessing u should MASHE YER MOTOR and never let out. :woot:

The TSL SX is the toughest. Tire prices vary by vender that part is up to you to find out.

Re: Re: Re: Which tire

kushKrawlin said:
Cut Sx's or cut boggers for the win. With that gearing I would think 100 yards would be enuf to get goin. :****: 4:56 there's not much crawlin .. 3:54 I'm guessing u should MASHE YER MOTOR and never let out. :woot:
I really like my 35 cut boggers so x 2 on this one

Most of this info you can find from the tire manufacture, depending on what terrain you are wheeling Will change the tire somewhat. All bias tires will chunk with wheel speed and aggressive offroad driving. I like boggers...but I'm redneck :indianajones:

Re:

If your crawling go for the Creepy but if in the mud more then the bogger. Without knowing the type of terrain or trails it's hard to guess. If you got money and can't hide it buy em all!

kushKrawlin said:

molaugh molaugh Well he does have a 304 so torque shouldn't be an issue. We had an old cj with 35's and 3.54's with a T5. Sounds like a terrible combination but it really wasn't that bad in the woods in low range. It went up everything at Tellico except Wood Pecker or whatever it was called over by Slickrock. As for tires, SX's would be my choice out of the ones mentioned.

the man asked about tires, gents, not gearing, etc. if you have an opinion on the 4 tires he specified, awesome. if not, lets not assume he doesn't know what he's doing and tell him how to set up his rig. he might just be smarter than you think.

i don't know how you would get info from the manufacturer on which is the best tire, they're all going to claim their own is the best.

redeemedtat2 said:
the man asked about tires, gents, not gearing, etc. if you have an opinion on the 4 tires he specified, awesome. if not, lets not assume he doesn't know what he's doing and tell him how to set up his rig. he might just be smarter than you think.

He also didn't ask for you to complain about others discussing his gearing... Since this is a thread about tires, what do you think?

I vote 35x10.50 bogger, 35 ltb, or 36x12.50 sx

redeemedtat2 said:
Wait a second I think I know you ...
I'm right aint I??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 92
I have done a great deal of research about the tires in question. I may have not been clear on my questions. I have a lot of experience with interco tires. I do not have any experience with Maxxis. With my research I have heard that the Maxxis is softer but yet tougher than TSL Bias (less chunking and really tough sidewalks). I also read that Maxxis was shorter than advertised. I also looked up prices on all tires questioned and I found the Maxxis to be more expensive, so that is why I posted this thread to get input from guys that have actually run these tires. Plus I knew that some of you would know cheaper venders than normal retailers. Thanks