• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Which tire

I have had several sets of Interco tires. Most of which I bought brand new. 29" tsls, 32" sx's, 31" boggers, 33" ltb's, 38" tsl's.... I'm currently running a set of grooved 36" tsl's that are BEAT. Large chunks outta the sidewalls, maybe 40% tread, rounded off lugs from previous owner road miles, and I gotta say with the center lugs grooved, they are probably the best set of swampers i've owned. I've never had a set of stickies but these things impress me every time out for what they are. Worn out & aired down to about 6 psi they only measure about 34" though. I didn't have much luck with the sx's. The sidewalls were just too stiff for a lightweight rig & without beadlocks I couldn't air em down enough to get them to hook.
I'd like to try a set of Treps. Everyone I've talked to that's had em seems to love em. My concern is that the majority of my wheeling is in Indiana and we see quite a bit of mud. And since the Maxxis require a 17" rim, I'd have to buy wheels AND tires, which just isn't in the budget right now. So for that reason, i'll be going with another set of 36" tsl's for now, and looking for a used set 17" beadlocks in the future. Good luck with your choice! Let us know what you decide & how well you like them :driving:

Pock said:
I have had several sets of Interco tires. Most of which I bought brand new. 29" tsls, 32" sx's, 31" boggers, 33" ltb's, 38" tsl's.... I'm currently running a set of grooved 36" tsl's that are BEAT. Large chunks outta the sidewalls, maybe 40% tread, rounded off lugs from previous owner road miles, and I gotta say with the center lugs grooved, they are probably the best set of swampers i've owned. I've never had a set of stickies but these things impress me every time out for what they are. Worn out & aired down to about 6 psi they only measure about 34" though. I didn't have much luck with the sx's. The sidewalls were just too stiff for a lightweight rig & without beadlocks I couldn't air em down enough to get them to hook.
I'd like to try a set of Treps. Everyone I've talked to that's had em seems to love em. My concern is that the majority of my wheeling is in Indiana and we see quite a bit of mud. And since the Maxxis require a 17" rim, I'd have to buy wheels AND tires, which just isn't in the budget right now. So for that reason, i'll be going with another set of 36" tsl's for now, and looking for a used set 17" beadlocks in the future. Good luck with your choice! Let us know what you decide & how well you like them :driving:

Thanks for a serious reply. I will be riding southeast orv parks. I'm leaning towards TSL bias. Very tall, relatively light, cheaper, and I know they work. But I'm still very curious about the Maxxis. I just haven't found anyone running the 35 bias.

I don't think you will be doing much better with the maxxis tires than a regular ole set of bias tsl's, especially for the higher cost of maxxis tires. I had a set of 36x12.50 TSL bias ply on my old Tacoma and they gripped extremely well on dry rock. We ride with a guy that has 38.5 bias ply TSL SX's on his Toyota and they grip super good on dry rock too. They are awesome in sloppy conditions, the only place they suck is on wet rocks. And most tires do suck on wet rocks except BFG red labels. That's from my personal experience too. I pay attention to every tire on vehicles I ride with. Rode with pretty much all of them. My theory is if you want something more sticky than a bias tsl, don't waste your money on anything else but a BFG red label. If I didn't want BFG Red Labels due to $$$ reasons, you can bet your ass I'd be on a brand new set of bias TSL's. The higher cost of the others are just not justified in my opinion. If I wanted to buy a higher dollar set of tires, I'd just go ahead and get the best - BFG red labels. If I didn't, I'd stick with TSL's.

Re: Re: Which tire

This first vid has my old tacoma on 36's in it then the guy I was talking about on 38's right behind me. Both bias tsl's. I am 2nd in line and he is 3rd in line in this vid.

area51: http://youtu.be/TgoTrl3FIAY

Another vid of me on some slick rock waterfall at hale mtn. Rock is slick even when dry.

hale mountain 8-11-12: http://youtu.be/dQ4CofMDmR8

Re:

The ones on my Tacoma were 36-12.50-15 bias ply tsl's. It went great with em. Just needed lower gears. Had stock t case with 4:88's and a 4 cyl, so it had no gears. Had to ride the clutch all the time, which is why you see it jerkin around a little. And that squeaking in that one vid is an ungreased yukon super joint in the front end.

Im running 38" maxxis creepy crawlers bias. They are what was on the jeep when I traded and I wasnt sure how theyd do but so far Im happy with them. Been accused of having "cheater" or "sticky" tires. They are pretty soft. I also think they as shorter than advertised.