• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

which webber

blue1gen

ok i got an 82 sr5 truck with the stock carb.does anyone know which webber i should get.every thing still stock on the motor.:hi:

if you want a little bit more power the 38 is good the 36/32 is about the same size as the stock carb, check ebay for the best prices

why not keep the stock carb?
webers are a bitch to tune, and keep in tune. ive NEVER seen a rig with a weber run right....for very long.

why not keep the stock carb?
webers are a bitch to tune, and keep in tune. ive NEVER seen a rig with a weber run right....for very long.

i ran a 38/38 weber on my 22r and after a few days of tuning after having crash rebuild it it ran better than when i had the stock carb on it. idle'd around 400rpm and as long as i had my fuel pressure regulator tuned to around 1.5lbs it wouldnt load up offroad. then click that back up to 7lbs and it would cut out at all when hitting 6k plus rpm's.

but for wheeling only i would suggest a 32/36. better fuel economy and much easier to tune. the 38 is a gas hog.

I run the 32/36 that it is true it is a PITA to keep in tune you are always keeping a small screw driver close by,

32/36 has the same cfm's as stock

ok i got an 82 sr5 truck with the stock carb.does anyone know which webber i should get.every thing still stock on the motor.:hi:

None--unless you plan on staying on the street.

I know the webers extreemly well--I have ran an offy c-series intake, 32/36, 38 and 40mm carbs and no matter what is done--they are crap for off road use....

32/36 on a built 22r is not adaquet cfm also....

I never had anything but problems with mine, even after tuning the cheap flimsy air cleaner let dirt in clogging jets in dusty conditions. What a POS.

I guess I should count myself lucky in that my 32/36 (DGEV, not DFEV, there are two 32/36 Webers) runs well once it's warm and has done pretty well at angles. If you can live with slight tuning hiccups like the lag when you lay into the secondaries, they're good carbs. Mine's only ever cut out on my when the truck was laying on its side.

That said, if my truck had a stocker on it, it would have stayed there. The Weber was on mine when I got the truck and I will sooner spend the money/time to swap EFI on than try finding a good Aisin carb to swap.

my old man played with it for a minute and go it to idle until i tryed to drive it.then back to no idle.i would realy like to keep the stock carb.butt the few pepole i talked to said even after a rebuild you can never get them to work right.so realy i dont know what to do.

I agree w/ crash. Don't even waste the time and money on a Weber. Had a 38mm on my '86 truck and it was horrible off road. I ran a fuel pressure reg and adjusted the float and it still sucked. Cold weather starting and drivability was another big issue. I converted over to EFI and haven't looked back.:awesomework:

My family has had many vehicles with the 22r/22re and i'm pretty sure I would just upgrade the whole engine... Start polishing a turd, and all you end up with is a shiny turd.

Unless your just going to keep it stock, then just run the stock carb. About as good as you can get.

i cant get the stock one to idle???

If you cant master a stock type carb you will not have fun with the weber.:rolleyes:

I have a stock 85 carbed truck that runs killer. Even on three wheels.

It lacks power and if driven hard enough out of steep holes it sometimes lacks the response I would like. But its still there for now and works great. I get in it and pump it twice, it lights right up then dies once, pump again and hit the key and walk away while it just purrs.

Hit the pullapart and get a different carb.:beer: