• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Who Says Gas'rz Cainte Crawl!

Toom

yo, i'm thinking about getting an x-factor and gearing as low as it can go to see what it can do, i had a savage with Robinson racing low gears and it crawled purdy good so i was thinking i could make the x-factor crawl alot better- what do you think?

Really it is a waiste of time and money. With a nitro you will burn through clutches like crazy. Also nitro's make thier power in the higher rpms so you will just bog it out and stall it like mad. There is a reason we all run electric.

yeah yeah, i know electric is the way to go but....i gotta make my attempt, and i had my savage locked up for abooooot a month, and the mip clutch showed little signs of wear if any, but i wasn't binding the **** like i bind my tltz...so....:redneck:

also, any attempts that yall have made, like info on em would be nice.....

Last edited:
Toom:wtf:

You can't gear em low enough.

Cg is 2 high.

if you want a big truck get a clod.

Are you ready for the comp hows the truck coming along..

get-r done

Torry

Ive actually thought about doing a gas crawler.. Most 4 stroke engines have a shroud around them and a forced air colling system that is fan driven so heat wouldnt be an issue.. You could always gear them to the moon just have to add another couple of idlers to drop the ration down entering the trans.. if you dropped it low enough youwouldnt have to worry about clutch life at all either. It is feasable.. its just going to be a bit of work to get it done correctly and functionally..

No Gas is what started this little hobby of R/C vehicles.... Electric cars didnt come onto the scene till the early 80's... gas rigs have been out since the 70's..

But I guess by your logic jeeps are gay too then? Afterall the did have a huge hand in starting this whole offroad thing now didnt they? :flipoff:

electric was around for a lot longer than the bla bla you just spewed out. :haha: go back to what you think you know what your talking about. :flipoff: :haha: :haha:

really?
well, a quick break down for ya
1940's was the start of model racing, it was mainly tether cars and yes they were nitro.
Then in the 60's with solid state radio systems, the use of servos started the RC model racing. There was electrics but they were home made like most of the RC of the 60's and early 70's.
Then in 1976 Tamiya started it all with what we know now with all the rc kits.
In the 1980's in when the hobby/sport really took off and has grown into a really huge industry of today.

now build a real crawler and let's play. :D

So that makes you what? A very old man :flipoff:. By the time you waiste your money trying to get a nitro to crawl right it will just piss you off because my electronics have a lower COG, is lighter, less messy, easy to keep tuned, and will out crawl it everday.:haha:

Wow I guess I should make my yota an electric then considering there is NO way to make a gas rig feasable then eh? :haha:

Guess one of these days I'll have to build a gas crawler just so you kids can say I told you so eh? :flipoff: