• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

whoose wheelin a Explorer? or will admit it here?

SJR

I picked up a 94 Ford Explorer with auto and 4.0 looking for info on some improvements I can make for light offroading , also whose got a explorer or ranger they are wheelin lets see you modifications, thanks guys

There are a couple threads in the Garage section of Explorer and Ranger (very silmilar) builds...

I picked up a 94 Ford Explorer with auto and 4.0 looking for info on some improvements I can make for light offroading , also whose got a explorer or ranger they are wheelin lets see you modifications, thanks guys

I have a used 4" Tough Country list kit all boxed up in the garage. $200.

PM me

Been wheelin' my 94 for almost 7 years. Stock at first but has evolved over the years. I wheel it almost every weekend including snow wheeling in the winter and is my daily driver. Has never let me down.

Probably only really weak link is the front ttb axle with larger tires. I'm running 33's and know a few others running same and axle holds up fine.

Best resource is Explorerforum.com, Rangerstation as mentioned above another. James Duff makes bumpers for em as well as RLC welding and fabrication. Probably others too

Last edited:
If you decide to do more light wheeling and want to do a SAS I have 2 sets of axles full width D44/9" combo and early bronco D44/9" for sale they have upgraded axle shafts, arb's etc.... plus radius arms and steering, springs etc...
The A4LD automatic transmission can bring the suck, just keep the fluid cool .

I have been running either a modified explorer or BroncoII for the last 14 years