• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Whos in Wireless telecom

Are you broadcast or cellular? I started off doing broadcast work installing FM antennas for ERI. I then moved up to field tech, where I installed and tuned the filters and combiners and tuned the antennas. The I worked on cellular towers for about five years. About 13 years total working on comm towers.

My advice is to find another career before its too late and you are stuck. I made too much money doing it and I was stuck.

Do you guys travel all over the country or stay pretty local? One part of the job that got old fast was all the time I spent in airports. I would fly 3-5 times a week and that got old fast lugging testing equipment and climbing gear around.

I did get a chance to work on some cool buildings and nice remote sites!

I travel the southeast mostly, but spent 2 months in New England.

I'm looking for a great company to move on with currently not happy were I'm at now.

hjpcummins said:
I travel the southeast mostly, but spent 2 months in New England.

I'm looking for a great company to move on with currently not happy were I'm at now.

I could get you hooked up with a good company but, you will travel the WHOLE country and end up in Canada and Mexico on occasion. Mexico is unlikely since all the trouble started.
They have been working on small towers lately, 200-600' but they have jobs that will have you at 2000' also.

Like I said before, save your body and find another career! I feel like a sixty year old guy and I am 33.

I'm not in the wireless side but I work for AT&T as a wire tech. I do everything that has to do with your internet/phone/VOIP from the pole or pedestal outside the house and what we call a crossbox(thats where the central office will send the signal that I have to send to the house).