• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Who's running an Remote Start setup?

charliesnyder

Anyone on here running any type of Remote start/alarm system on there diesel?

In a few months I'll be looking into getting an alarm/remote start setup for my '97 F250. Looking for what everyone is running and how well you like the system. Anyone have one with integrated turbo timers?

Im running a Compustar Alarm/remotte start/turbo timer in my Dodge. I ogt it installed about 2 1/2 years ago. It works well, No issues. The only thing about the turbo timer on a alrm is it goes off time, not temp. So you pre set if you want 1 min or 2 min or 5 min, ect. You can cancel it though from the remote

I have a Clifford, it waits 15 seconds to start for the glowplugs to warm up. It has a turbo timer, that i've never been able to set.

The one thing i've had a problem with is remote starting when it's cold. Not sure about other than GM, but it takes a few min on a cold start for the battery voltage to reach around 14volts. The autostart needs to see 14v to know the truck is running.

Because of this when i remote start on a cold engine, it runs for like 5 seconds then dies. Then trys to restart a couple more times, before it gives up.

For me there seems to be no way to make the thing work. I can't fix the voltage on start up (i think it's the heater core in the intake, to warm the air on cold starts, and it creates a voltage drop with it's large current draw). But there's no way i can fool the alarm to think it's getting 14v and not 12v. :booo:

XO where did you get yours installed?

Hear nothing but good about Compustar systems.. And if you dont mind what'd it cost ya..

did it myself, with a friend. But on a 97 for F-250 you should be good to go with no issues.

Anyone who sells alarms will install them, but don't buy an alarm online and have someone install it, it will cost you a lot more, and you won't have a warranty if they don't sell you the alarm.

did it myself, with a friend. But on a 97 for F-250 you should be good to go with no issues.

Anyone who sells alarms will install them, but don't buy an alarm online and have someone install it, it will cost you a lot more, and you won't have a warranty if they don't sell you the alarm.

Sweet Clark. Thanks. Mostly doing research on all of my planned upgrades to my tow rig/DD now.. Won't be able to do anything to it until next September sometime. Trying to get everyone opinions on this stuff..

XO where did you get yours installed?

Hear nothing but good about Compustar systems.. And if you dont mind what'd it cost ya..

I had it installed at a place called hi Tech stereo, there in Kent. Im into mine about a grand, but I have tons of extra **** added on like glass brakege sensors, tilit sensors, sensors in the bed, and several other things, also its the pager alarm. I think the basic alarm with remote start and keyless entry is about $500 installed.

Advanced Auto Design in auburn.. They do some great work. I had some things done there and without a doubt would go back. I have the auto start that came factory with mine and love it you will for sure enjoy it when its hot or cold out..

Anyone on here running any type of Remote start/alarm system on there diesel?

In a few months I'll be looking into getting an alarm/remote start setup for my '97 F250. Looking for what everyone is running and how well you like the system. Anyone have one with integrated turbo timers?

I've got the perfect remote start for my 97 PSD.....

My wife!!!:haha:

I have a Clifford, it waits 15 seconds to start for the glowplugs to warm up. It has a turbo timer, that i've never been able to set.

The one thing i've had a problem with is remote starting when it's cold. Not sure about other than GM, but it takes a few min on a cold start for the battery voltage to reach around 14volts. The autostart needs to see 14v to know the truck is running.

Because of this when i remote start on a cold engine, it runs for like 5 seconds then dies. Then trys to restart a couple more times, before it gives up.

For me there seems to be no way to make the thing work. I can't fix the voltage on start up (i think it's the heater core in the intake, to warm the air on cold starts, and it creates a voltage drop with it's large current draw). But there's no way i can fool the alarm to think it's getting 14v and not 12v. :booo:

Clark try unhooking the grid heaters. Here in western washington there isnt much of a need for the grid heaters IMO. I havent had mine hooked up for some time now with no issues. If its a big concern just plug it in on those cold nights when it gets below 30f.

Clark try unhooking the grid heaters. Here in western washington there isnt much of a need for the grid heaters IMO. I havent had mine hooked up for some time now with no issues. If its a big concern just plug it in on those cold nights when it gets below 30f.

I'll try that and see if it'll work without throwing a code.:awesomework:

I worked in the audio industry for 10 years. Clifford your going to pay too much for I ran the DEI product on my own rig and they were the most straight forward product. Installing them was always the easest.

The alarm plus remote start is going to run you all said and done about $500 depending options.

Some one mentioned Hitech wow that brings back the some good olds days for me. I worked for George's Brother in-law about 13 years ago up in the Burien Hitech store. George is or was the owner of the store in Kent bet his son Tony is running the place now.