• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Why are IROK's less (in price) than everything else.

KarlVP

Love that TOYOTA
Yay another tire thread.

So here I am looking for some 37's.

I really want Maxxis creepy crawlers but they don't make 37's in a 17 inch rim.

I have researched all the other major tires out there, but damn IROK bias tires are cheap.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on a set of tires.

I really want some good 37's. I need them to be bias ply. 17 inch wheel. What are you running that you like?

I have heard the non sticky creepy's kinda blow, but that's just hearsay. Obviously somebody is going to come in here and say Reds or sticky this or that and that's exactly what I'll say too :redneck: But as for a DOT tire, it seems like you almost cant beat an Irok. Price wise and performance wise... But SX's are pretty killer in all areas in the PNW as well :awesomework:

Last edited:
I love Irok's. Mine are brand new and they stick to everything. Get the Irok's.

ive had IROKS for about 5 years now...first a set of 40s now 42s...IMHO the best all around tire i have ran....i havent yet come across a situation it sucked...killer in the snow,great on the rocks,dry naches,wet naches...mud yep works good there too

Love Iroks but the 39's I had in the 17" rim side were a joke to keep on the wheel (just google serch beed problems). Ended up making dual bead lock wheels to keep them on.

x2 on the 36 being bigger then the 37

Im guessing offroad performance and to clear dana 60 brakes...

and 8 bolt so we can trade tires and rims....:redneck: yeah what he said...

i am planning to spend my tax return on another set of rims anmd tires and i was gonna go IROKs.

I'm not so sure, that a Bias ply carcass has better performance characteristics than a Radial ply tire.

And if you get your tires from a BigBoxStore, then you can also get a lifetime warranty, for a couple $$.

I've been exceptionally happy with my Krawlers. Yes, they're radial. And yes, I've also had one sidewall failure. However, I do have two sets, on two jeeps, and I've beat the livin' hell outa these tires. Traction has been great. However they are spendy, much more so than IROKs. The counterpoint, is I've wheeled with IROKs (Jeeptech1), and I felt the Krawler was a far superior tire. And Jeeptech1 musta felt the same way too, as he dumped the IROK and now runs Krawlers.

I'd be really curious, how many KOH rigs run radials v bias
I'd be really curious, how many rigs run bias, in general.

I have heard the non sticky creepy's kinda blow, but that's just hearsay. Obviously somebody is going to come in here and say Reds or sticky this or that and that's exactly what I'll say too :redneck: But as for a DOT tire, it seems like you almost cant beat an Irok. Price wise and performance wise... But SX's are pretty killer in all areas in the PNW as well :awesomework:

I really love my Creepys. When I set out to get tires I wanted the toughest sidewall tire you could get.

They have excelled everywhere but the snow. And I'm pretty sure you could blast them with a shotgun and they would be just fine.

I'm not so sure, that a Bias ply carcass has better performance characteristics than a Radial ply tire.

And if you get your tires from a BigBoxStore, then you can also get a lifetime warranty, for a couple $$.

I've been exceptionally happy with my Krawlers. Yes, they're radial. And yes, I've also had one sidewall failure. However, I do have two sets, on two jeeps, and I've beat the livin' hell outa these tires. Traction has been great. However they are spendy, much more so than IROKs. The counterpoint, is I've wheeled with IROKs (Jeeptech1), and I felt the Krawler was a far superior tire. And Jeeptech1 musta felt the same way too, as he dumped the IROK and now runs Krawlers.

I'd be really curious, how many KOH rigs run radials v bias
I'd be really curious, how many rigs run bias, in general.

If I'm going with a radial tire it's a toss up between a Krawler (spendy) and the new Goodyear MT/R (not so spendy).

My previous three sets of tires before the Maxxis tires were all BFG and all of them had sidewall failures. Granted one of the sets was a hand me down used set of first gen Mud Terrains that were just flat old.

Latest posts