• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

why so spendy

boxboy

can I be your friend...
Damn Jeep starters are spendy

Napa wants 90 bones for a remaned :puke: :booo:

That's not a bad price, IMO.... I paid 80 for a scmuck's one when hunting a couple years ago in Yakivegas...

Well I was looking back through my receipts and I can not find one for a starter so I believe this one is the original starter at least since I bought the jeep back in 1991.

Jeep owners are used to spending lots of money...so they charge em up to make a profit. Small block chev starters are cheap.:cool:

$90 is cheap. Mine was $165, my buddy hooked me up with employee discount and got it for $130.

Jeep owners are used to spending lots of money...so they charge em up to make a profit. Small block chev starters are cheap.:cool:

depends, i think i paid a good amount for mine, although i know my alternator was a bit more, being a high output....

Jeep owners are like alcoholics. They just don't know when to quit a bad habit.

the factory starter in my heep was made by Mitsubishi. Looks very high quality, so i opted to take it apart, clean all the junk out, put it back together, works better than a new autozone chinese junker.:beer:

Last edited:
the factory starter in my heep was made by Mitsubishi. Looks very high quality, so i opted to take it apart, clean all the junk out, put it back together, works better than a new autozone chinese junker.:beer:

I "broke" the starter :hi: so I ended up buying a new starter so I don't need a core.

I purchased the 'lifetime warranty' from schucks about 15 years ago, along with the power steering & water pump. It's paid for itself more than once :awesomework:

I thought you might laugh :redneck:

Oh yeah I had a point to this thread

I need to know what the lower bolt size is? It seems it is smaller them the upper one and I think it is some metric size...

Any one know the size?

One of them is metric, and one is SAE, if I remember right. Always thought that was kind of goofy... but one bolts into the bellhousing and the other into the starter itself.