• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Why would it be so off?

skipnrocks

So we have been fighting the cooling system on my dads 6.0. It runs at 230-240 all day no matter the temp. So we had an engine tuner look at it to see if it was running lean and he ran some tests and says its running at 190 never more. Which seems to be true you can hold your hand on the rad return. So my question is with new guage and new sending unit what's causing it to Have a false reading?

My guess would be a bad gauge, or possibly sender. Have you swapped them out yet?

What year truck? 03-05 were the ones with bad gauge cluster problems. It could be the stepper motor for that gauge, but if that's the case then might as well replace them all. Here's where they are...

pic5.jpg

Doesn't sound like its the sending unit simply because there should only be one on yours and since the PCM reads 190 it seems like its working correctly. The signal is sent from the PCM to the gauges after being adjusted to show properly.

I guess when I read 6.0 I just assumed this was about a motor in something else...lol. But yes, if it's in a truck clemsonjeep has a very good point. A good way to check that would be to turn the key off and see if all gauges reset to 0.

It seems like there could be a grounding issue with the electric sender... is there a bunch of teflon tape on the sender keeping it from grounding correctly? always the possibility of a bad sender or gage