• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Winch rope ideas for a cheap skate.

Re: Winch rope ideas for a cheap skate.

Yep. It's done with now, just don't want anyone else to go through that. Not that I was worried about $20 for 8 months but I figured I would stir the pot when I saw his posts on FB.

Might look around for a local "wire rope" company, alot of those places stock synthetic line as well. You could see if they had some left over from a previous job, etc. Ive been able to pick up the amsteel blue for a quarter of the price cause it was just left overs

Neal3000 said:
Get high and weave one out of your pubic hairs
You know that's actually a great idea.. But ever since learning that if Ya shave Ur chance of Gettin crabs goes waaay down I don't have much to work with. :dunno:
Bad part is I ASSumed that they meant all std's, boy was I wrong. Ouch.

FlatlandFSJ said:
Might look around for a local "wire rope" company, alot of those places stock synthetic line as well. You could see if they had some left over from a previous job, etc. Ive been able to pick up the amsteel blue for a quarter of the price cause it was just left overs
Ok so exactly what am I looking for?? Like, wats the term for that kinda rope?? I don't even know wat to call it. And does different rope have diff weight ratings? That may have been a Dum question, but I wanna know wat to look for. And also, what is the rating for winch rope?

I have a used one that is still 75' or 80' long probably, I will give away if you come and get it or meet at some park that I might be. I live in 'Ole Blue Tanner town 38462.

Saw some in the summit racing catalog the other day, I think they where around $125 or so and the one at tractor supply company don't look to bad either