• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Windrock group ride today.

Re: Re: Windrock group ride today.

pholmann said:
I can remember when stair steps was a gravel road.
That's back when you could buy a pass from Jim's offroad for about $40 per vehicle a year, printed out on that old school yellow printer paper. Also camp along the roadside anywhere you wanted.

I've rode windrock since before it was a pay park or a park at all for that matter. My dad used to take me there to hunt when I was a kid and early teen. We would ride four wheelers and hunt. They used to have an old slate dump that was constantly smoldering on fire with a shower house beside it. One half was painted white and one half was painted green. Dad said they did that for the white side and the colored side in the mines. I would assume he knows since he grew up in Harlan KY and was around mining his whole life. He could've been bullshitting me, but I don't think so.

pholmann said:
I've rode windrock since before it was a pay park or a park at all for that matter. My dad used to take me there to hunt when I was a kid and early teen. We would ride four wheelers and hunt. They used to have an old slate dump that was constantly smoldering on fire with a shower house beside it. One half was painted white and one half was painted green. Dad said they did that for the white side and the colored side in the mines. I would assume he knows since he grew up in Harlan KY and was around mining his whole life. He could've been bullshitting me, but I don't think so.

Cool ****. You would think someone like you should own it instead of Tony :****: