• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

windrock trails

3pgnebs

Heading to windrock first of next month for the first time and wondering what trails to hit? Like a little bit of everything from crawling to burning. Also, looking at staying in oakridge. Any places recommended good or bad?

Get a map, make a loop out of the north side. Don't recall trail numbers. If your group can move at a decent pace you can put some miles in. My group did around 120 miles in one day at Windrock. It was a long day but Id do it again in a min.

There's more riding there than you would think by looking at the maps. The distances can be underestimated, trail 10 for example can take 8 hrs alone and drain a tank. Most all of it is fun but not much of it is hard, if that makes sense.

I have always stayed at the comfort Inn in Oak ridge because it is in the parking lot of wall mart and easy to park bigger trailers.

Oakridge seemed to have a few options for staying and food. Cabins around were booked. Camping out because of one riders back issues. If we can average 60 miles or better a day and have fun it will be worth the 5hr trip.

Comfort Inn is convient. Prob 15 min from trail head. Can get most everything you would need in Oak Ridge. If you want some better eats Turkey Creek is not far. Couple good places to eat at Hardin Valley exit too. Casual Pint is there if you like craft beer also Double Dogs is a sports bar in same shopping center. PM me and I send us my number. I live close and might be able to hook ya up with a couple guys from work to show ya around.

Thanks for the suggestions! Will look into all. Toddy--thanks for the offer for a possible guide, but three in the group have been several times and somewhat know where they are going.

If you stay in town make sure you block your trailer in. My whole trailer w/brand new rzr and 4wheeler was stolen off back of my truck park right in front door of comfort inn. They dont have cameras on parking lot. Walmart refused to let me see video footage without court order! I love windrock but havent been back because of this!!!! The cops were useless,they acted like they were gonna arrest me because i accussed the guy at front desk of being in on it and snatched his ass across the counter!

Check out Halfmoon Campground, Indian Creek, and sportsman campground. Surely one of them will have a cabin available. For trails 16, 18, 28, 34, 12, 10, 15, 77, 78, 79, 80 are all on the south side and pretty fun. If you go during the week and would like someone to guide you I could help you out.

Thanks for the guide offer Nick, but will be riding Fri/Sat. Trail numbers supplied greatly appreciated!

H-Town Wheeler said:
If you stay in town make sure you block your trailer in. My whole trailer w/brand new rzr and 4wheeler was stolen off back of my truck park right in front door of comfort inn. They dont have cameras on parking lot. Walmart refused to let me see video footage without court order! I love windrock but havent been back because of this!!!! The cops were useless,they acted like they were gonna arrest me because i accussed the guy at front desk of being in on it and snatched his ass across the counter!

Same with at the campgrounds. Last year at Windrock campground the RV next to mine had all their ATVs stolen while sleeping. Our RZRs were chained to the camper so I suspect that is what saved me. We talked to the Cop and he said that happens most every weekend.

Lock your junk up.

Toddy said:
Comfort Inn is convient. Prob 15 min from trail head. Can get most everything you would need in Oak Ridge. If you want some better eats Turkey Creek is not far. Couple good places to eat at Hardin Valley exit too. Casual Pint is there if you like craft beer also Double Dogs is a sports bar in same shopping center. PM me and I send us my number. I live close and might be able to hook ya up with a couple guys from work to show ya around.

X2. I live close by. Would love to hook up and wheel with some new folks.

I didn't personally make the trip(service truck crapped out and had to stay home and work on it :-\) The rest of my group went and had a good time! Muddy and cold as a well diggers ass but fun they said. Definitely will be planning another trip up to ride. Thanks to all who offered trail, room, and guide info! :dblthumb: