• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Winterize it?

Jeepless

Sleep deprived and proud
I have not had mine through winter yet, so far all I have done is plugged it into power next to the house and turned on the heater, hung a couple moisture bags and emptied any perishable foods. I will also add a cover of some sort just haven't ponied up yet.

Noob question of the day.

Do I need to dump Anti freeze, drain the plumbing or anything like that if I am leaving heat on all the time?:corn:

Just pm gabe/spanaway mudder. He will come over and live in it all winter for ya. That will keep it all thawed and working!

all I do is drain the water tanks, water pump and open all the faucets. I bought a top cover from camping world.

I know my water tank is empty. I put a couple moisture catchers in. But im using it this weekend and then the following. I imagine when I get back I'll drain my hot water tank and toilet and put the cover on it.

I put a heater in as the only heat I have is propane so I put one of those radiant oil heaters in... I put antifreeze in the waste tanks... my gray tank has this 2" 3 feet long drain line that I thought was drained and I had it freeze and crack so I make sure I add antifreeze... I also blow out the water tanks.

but I am a newd as well

Don't forget to flush the toilet! We had that cold snap last Nov. and I had everything in my camper drained, all the cupboards open, and a heater on. I guess the bathroom door closed and the small amount of water left in the flush valve froze & cracked it. Didn't find out until I got to Elbe a couple weeks later. :mad:

Just pm gabe/spanaway mudder. He will come over and live in it all winter for ya. That will keep it all thawed and working!

LOL...

Buy one of these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008VSB0DE/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_.6tqwb09EM35D

Drain your hotwater tank, blow out the lines, dump a little antifreeze down the drains so the water in the p-traps don't freeze and you are done. If you will have heat on inside the whole time you can probably skip the antifreeze in the drains if you wanted.

Ordered. Thanks!

but I am a newd as well

:puke:

Thanks for all the input guys, want to make sure we don't have a bunch of work next year when we break it out.

I decided since it hadn't rained in 2 days that I should put the cover on for the storm that's coming. Opened the faucets also. And opened all the water drains.

I put a heater in as the only heat I have is propane so I put one of those radiant oil heaters in... I put antifreeze in the waste tanks... my gray tank has this 2" 3 feet long drain line that I thought was drained and I had it freeze and crack so I make sure I add antifreeze... I also blow out the water tanks.

but I am a newd as well

Don't forget to flush the toilet! We had that cold snap last Nov. and I had everything in my camper drained, all the cupboards open, and a heater on. I guess the bathroom door closed and the small amount of water left in the flush valve froze & cracked it. Didn't find out until I got to Elbe a couple weeks later. :mad:

Also make sure you leave all interior doors and drawers open.

These ^ but I don't winterize as we use ours in the winter for trips to the coast. If there's a freeze coming I do the above. use RV antifreeze (pink stuff) safe to dump on the ground after winter without killing your pets.

I decided since it hadn't rained in 2 days that I should put the cover on for the storm that's coming. Opened the faucets also. And opened all the water drains.

20151104_172516_zpsh6h2aa9x.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Me too :cool:

Latest posts