• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Work party May 13th at Elbe Hills. work/chance to win free goodies

mud4funtoy

Bobby long has Donated a set of 15" Bead locks to be Raffled off after the work party on 13 May at Elbe Hills. Very nice of him. Come on out, lets get this trail fixed and lets see who is going to be a proud owner of a new set of BOBBY LONG BEAD LOCKS.

If you ever get the chance give Bobby Long a thank you he was one of the many people that helped build Elbe Hills, He has made many contributions and in the past 4 years he has Donated over $ 1500.00 in raffle prizes and made other contributions as well.
THANK YOU BOBBY LONG
Sincerely Steve Russell
for work party info go to pnw4wda.org or call 253 537 3755
We will be meeting in the camp ground at 8 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really need as much help as possible, I have been working so much i have not had a chance to organize a work party and we need to fix the sun shine trail It is really tore up and if we don't fix it before memorial day then we will probably not be able to fix it. I know that this is short notice but I know that there a lot of great people out there that can make things happen. TOOLS needed are winches, snatch blocks and chains to drag logs, chain saws, pry bars and shovels, pics, trailers to haul rock, I spoke to Nancy and she is getting rock delivered and I have reserved a Bob Cat from Hertz He gave me a really good deal, I will be having a Raffle with some really good prizes after the work party along with a Bar b Que / pot luck. I have not got many things done yet this year I really need your Help to get this done we need to show Nancy that we are both willing and capable to make things happen. If you have any questions or think that you might be able to help out please give me a call. The best way to get a hold of me is to call my cell. I am working allot 253 444 7837
Also my email address has changed it is [email protected]
Sincerely Steve Russell

There will be stuff for the kids to win also so bring the whole family

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE, BOB FROM BILLY BOBS OFFROAD IS DONATING SOME THINGS TO BE RAFFLED OF AS WELL.

THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

No tickets will be sold each person that signs up and helps out at the work party will receive one ticket at the end of the day when the bar b Que starts we will draw for the winners.

We will meet at the camp ground shelter at 8 am, there will be coffee hot chocolate, cookies and muffins

I went and changed the heading of the thread to make it more apropreit(sp).

Great chance for you to work and win some free goodies..

Thanks for posting Mud4funtoy! And thanks to Bobby Long. Please everyone remember to support the companies that support the local wheeling scene like Bobby Long!

Edit: I moved this to Shows/Events forum and deleted the double post.

Last edited:
I was surprised to hear he had them, I thought i got the last set. there was a guy who came to the focus meeting that had just bought a set so sounds like he is selling them. Better get a set befor he retires, he is getting older but don't tell him i said that, he will kick my ass. Better come up the work party and take your chances Who know's this might be his very last set. If you don't win give him a call 253 847 8254

Meet 8am at the campground.

Steve has asked me to pass on some information for this weekend's work party.
Directions. Continue east on Hwy 7 past Elbe to I believe it's 278th. We'll try to get a sign on the side of the road showing you where to turn L. It's not hard to miss. Given the volume of people you should be able to follow someone else up the dirt road to the campground. Again, I hope to be there early enough to put up a couple of simple signs for those have haven't been there before.

What to bring?
Gloves, shovels, pics, and other digging equipment. We have 15 water bars to build and we have to dig a 12" wide trench all across the trail, insert the water bar and then put it back together again.

Lunch?
This is a pot luck BBQ. We have stuff to each but if everyone can chip in with a few dogs, block of cheese, snacks, marshsmellows.. etc to contribute, that would be appreciated.

If you have questions, Steve is out of range as he's started working up there now and won't be back. Contact me personally at (253) 318-8188 if you have any questions.

We have trail repairs, campground building and more to be done. There's lots of work and need for everyone.

Just got back into town last night. So, how did the work party go?

Thanks in advance to those who helped!:pray:

Work party was awesome, we spread some gravel in the main parking area and campsites. Hauled some material to rebuild the bridges on the sunrise trail. Filled in some holes with huge boulders and rock, and closed some bypasses on the sunrise trail. (It will be FUN after all that stuff settles).

Also built 7 new campsites and hauled 2 trailer loads of trash out of there.

Thanks to all that came and helped and a BIG THANKS to Steve for keeping it alive up there for us to play. Elbe wouldn't be there if it weren't for him. :cheer:

also got the abondoned cherokee hauled out of busywild
it was a good day, alot of work was done
cheers to everyone that was there!

yjkrawlin said:

Yeah forgot about that cherokee. Those guys that pulled it out were hardcore. awesome job!!!! :clappy:

absolutly! it can be challeging enough getting youself through that busywild at times, let alone hauling a trailer with a cherokee on it

We got the necessary repairs made to Sunshine and added new rock crawls in those areas. We replaced 9 water bars on that trail that were broken down.

Got some painting done on the shelter and created 9 complete new campsite with tent pads, fire pits and picnic tables that had to be chained down.
Picked up several truck loads of garbage. We got the PNW storage contained wired for electricity.

The group that was recoving the abandoned Jeep was not as successful. They worked their tail off all day and only moved it about 500 yards. The decision has been made to cut it in pieces so that it can be hauled out.

yjkrawlin said:

They didn't actually get the Cherokee out. They tried but were unsuccessful.

Thanks for everyone that could help, wish I could of but this weekend was the wrong weekend to go playing. So who won the beadlocks?

i was wondering about that , cuase i dont think they made it back by the time we had left for home, i read a post on the rubicon owners forum, and assumed they had got it out, but now that i look at the picture agian, they didnt have a trailer, but pulled it out upside down and backwards.

We ran the busywild that night. It (the XJ) was still on the trail, but moved a good distance in relation to the conditions.