• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wrecked

I

InDaShop

Had an interesting morning.

The wife, baby, and myself carpool to downtown Houston every morning. I typically drive all the way to my building, then the wife drives on to the daycare then on to work.
This morning was no different, except after I got out of the Tahoe, and was crossing the lobby of my building my phone rings. It is my wife she is screaming, and the baby is screaming. She had been t-boned crossing the intersection right in front of my building, less than 30 feet from where she dropped me off.
An uninsured hispanic male ran the red light at approx 30mph, and hit her in the driverside front half of the Tahoe. Right in her door. She was ok, and the baby is ok.
There was a police officer in the car behind the guy, and she got out to assist and what not.

His car had to be towed, but I was able to drive the Tahoe to a body shop. Basically front fender, wheel, both doors, and running board. I got to say her '07 Tahoe took the hit like a champ! Very little intrusion for being hit in the side at 30mph.

The guy told us he didn't have insurance, but the officer said he did based on his insurance card. Turns out he paid, then cancelled the policy for the refund. So no insurance. I'm out $250 now for Uninsured Motorist, and now have a vehicle thats been wrecked. And this guy gets what? A red light ticket that he'll never show for?

Luckily though everyone is ok, thats the part that matters.
Now the wife is pimping a PT Cruiser.

Sorry no pics, didn't have a camara.

Holy crap wyatt that really sucks. glad tiff and west are ok. the funny thing is you have like 2 other cars but because they are classics you have to go get a pt cruiser. again glad everyone is ok, sorry about the truck.

Sorry to hear this and I'm glad the family is okay. They do need to do something to pieces of **** like this though! Really pisses me off. Like you said what's gonna happen to him, prolly nothing. :mad:

Yeah it sucks, but you live in a battle zone you come to expect it. I totaled a car the exact same way 6 years ago. You wanna guess how old my lifted Crew Cab Diesel is? skully

The only reprecussions this guy will see if that he wrecked HIS car, not that he damaged someone elses. Luckily there were people everywhere, and one was a cop, other wise my money is the guy would have ran off on foot. And luckily he didn't hurt or kill anyone. The asshole that t-boned me 6 years ago, hit me so hard I thought I was on Candy Mountain when I got out of the car, and he ran on foot. Didn't even look to make sure he didn't kill someone. Just ran.

Amazing that I can make a post about my wifes car wreck and how precious life is into a post on how illegal immigration is fleecing this country for all its worth, dollars, and innocences.

Cabot your right, I dont mind driving my old crap around town, but I rarely will do it during commuter hours. Thats near suicide. I mean I'm considering installing Nascar brake cooling vents on the Tahoe just to keep from out braking the capabilities of the rotors in the 60 to zero stop and go we do every morning.

Wow man, glad everyone is okay. That is always a fear of mine, getting a call that my family has been in an accident.

bigsilly said:
Wow man, glad everyone is okay. That is always a fear of mine, getting a call that my family has been in an accident.
I was lucky on his one, I had to run abour 3/4 of a block. What killed me was that I had to wait at a crosswalk, and see what was going on, and hearing my West screaming in his baby seat, but not be able to get to them until the light turned back red, and I could cross with out getting smacked by a commuter or a bus.

sucks to hear that but glad they are good to go
Question: is the PT Cruiser a rental- cause if so
**** IT UP hitit hitit

Man thats sux. Had something happen here the same a buddy got T'd by an illegal,killed his wife and nothing happened to the illegal I think he stayed in jail for 3 days.

cash talks said:
Question: is the PT Cruiser a rental- cause if so
**** IT UP hitit hitit

Yep, already pushed the hamsters to 100 on the the HOV lane in at 10:45am (meaning there was no one on it but us) Fuggin thing gets the shimmies at 85, but works out of them around 88. And fuggggetabout transitions, bitch seesaws like a clown car. :eek:

I came through Houston one time at 5:00p.m. on a friday afternoon. Boy was that a mistake! I don't see how people get anywhere in that town. Stop and go for at least an hour and half. I would kill someone if I had to deal with that everyday.

So, did the dubs get hurt? I'd hate to see the dub's get scratched.

I've got an '06 Hemi Cherokee I'll sell you - runs like a scalded dog! You could even put the dubs on it.

Go_Vols said:
So, did the dubs get hurt? I'd hate to see the dub's get scratched.

I've got an '06 Hemi Cherokee I'll sell you - runs like a scalded dog! You could even put the dubs on it.
Yeah one 22 to be replaced. No to the Cherokee. Tiffany had a Grand when I met her and let just say she doesn't exactly care for DC products.