• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Friggin Got Wrecked Today!!!!!

Zukini

So I just finished an intense workout at the YMCA and headed to a Japanese steakhouse for a little grubbage for my birthday and a friggin woman in a 2007 2500HD Suburban hits my 2005 Duramax on the front right corner. Screws her front left up pretty good and luckily my front right has minimal damage. I will have to replace the fender flare but other than that is a half dollar size ding right below my mirror that I can't fix. Best part about it is that the cop said that she hit me on private property and there is nothing I can do. :mad: Whats the world coming to????? Friggin pisses me off. Anybody have any idea how I can get the ding out of my door? dunno

Thats bullshit that you cant do anything. I would get some quotes on repair and call the lady and give her the price. If she does not want to pay it call her insurance company. I went through this with my daughter a few months back and the guy had State Farm. The next afternoon they had an adjuster at my house to take care of the problem. The law may not be able to legally do anything to her but she hit you it is her responsibility to repair your truck.

On some insurances companies you can file it on yours to get it fixed. Then they deal with getting there money from the lady. I done this on my bike when a lady turned in front of me and I hit her. Private property or not she has to fix it. You have the police report so you have proof she hit you.

Was a report filed? Because of it was, a lot of insurance compnaies will still process the claim if the other person admits fault.

Hope you got her info.

Good luck with that one.

Yeah, I'm picking up the report today. She probably won't fess up if I had to guess. Talked to Chevrolet this morning and it will cost me $287 for a new flare and trim piece. I guess it could have been alot worse. Still have the small ding in my door that I guess I'll have to live with.

That sucks, maybe youll get lucky and something in the report will give you a chance at getting at her ! thumb.gif

Yeah definitely turn it in to her insurance company. They will send someone out to look at the damage, or have you bring it to them, then they will look at the police report and make a decision. If its clear cut her fault, they will pay. If not they may deny. My wife went through this and they told her that it looked equal fault to them even though the lady had come the wrong way up a one way ramp when my wife was pulling out and hit her. Wife dug around and found a security camera and got a copy of the video that clearly showed this and emailed the video to the insurance company and they called her the next day and said get us an estimate and we will fix your car.

Yes it was on private property. It can be a hassle but I was nice then had to get a little loud and they seen I was not going to back down and it got taken care of. Bottom line is she hit you and she is responsible. From the sound of your damage she would be crazy to just not pay out of pocket to get taken care of.

Alabama is a no fault state, so if any fault is pinned on you her insurance won't pay. You could do what someone else said and go through your insurance, then your insurance will subrogate her insurance company for the lost money, but that takes a while. Hope the police report is in your favor.