• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

WTB Tacoma rear diff

JeffH454

Broke my second factory E-locker 3rd so I'm gonna try something different. Looking for a complete Gen 1rear with 4.10 gears , as close to stock as possible.

Thank you, Jeff

Dang I've got an elocker rear I'm planning to swap into mine and will have the complete stock rear for sale... eventually

Dang I've got an elocker rear I'm planning to swap into mine and will have the complete stock rear for sale... eventually
I hope it works good for you..we've busted two spline sleeves on the stock elocker 3rds and we're gonna try something different. Both breaks caused the carriers to swell & crack and kill the spiders and R&P.

I've had good luck finding axle assemblies in salvage yards searching on car-part.com.

I hope it works good for you..we've busted two spline sleeves on the stock elocker 3rds and we're gonna try something different. Both breaks caused the carriers to swell & crack and kill the spiders and R&P.

I was kinda afraid of that. This is a stock truck on 31s though.

I've really considered selling the elocker rear complete and going with an air locker in the 8.4, although honestly with the current front locker and open rear it will go more places than it needs to...

If I can't find a non-locker complete diff I guess another e-locker 3rd will get us by..anybody got one sitting around?

How much would you give for a complete open diff 8.4 axle? it had new bearings and brakes put in about 10K miles ago, so it shouldn't need anything to be ready ride

That may encourage me to finish my e-locker rear swap...

How much would you give for a complete open diff 8.4 axle? it had new bearings and brakes put in about 10K miles ago, so it shouldn't need anything to be ready ride

That may encourage me to finish my e-locker rear swap...
Our truck's dual purpose so I need it to have a R&P with gear lash that will survive on the street once in a while..or would you consider this a trail only setup?

It's a completely stock open diff 200K mile rear axle that's only seen 31" tires. I've never had the 3rd out of it. I put new rear wheel bearings and brakes on a few years ago and it got fresh oil then.

Well I guess the only that is not "stock" is when I did a u-bolt flip I welded some shock tabs on the axle tube that mimic the stock shock mounting location. It does not have ABS provisions (non-ABS truck, if that matters)

I figured it was worth $250 or so?

Latest posts