• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wyatt, I found the pics of the trailer the Foyt land speed motor came out of

shut your mouth!!!! thats awesome!!!!

Gillispie and I dropped the motor off on the way to the Parker425 to get converted for EFI, going to fix this fat in the morning, lean in the afternoon bullshit!

Cool motors. That trailer was a straight up pimp hauler. Took the mirrors off the walls and ceiling,removed the stripper pole and turned into a motor display show :****:. Sweet :dblthumb:

Re: Re: Wyatt, I found the pics of the trailer the Foyt land speed motor came out of

/drool. Those older hit and miss motors are fawkin sweet

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk

blacksheep10 said:
Also, I found some pics of your buggy from DC2 where I was with you and we wadded the bank. Remember that awesome Colorado clip?!
http://s27.photobucket.com/user/blacksheep10/library/wyatt?sort=3&page=1

Loved, but dont miss that buggy. Good times. I guess I didnt remember it being a 3 seater for that Disney trip. Memories do fade.....
The in-car vid for that race is so awesome! Beyer rolling, god that was crazy awesome. Stupid f-ing bank!

Disney Challenge 2009 Triple Nickel Racing

Re: Re: Wyatt, I found the pics of the trailer the Foyt land speed motor came out of

Lurker said:
/drool. Those older hit and miss motors are fawkin sweet

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk
Wyatt might give the whole story when he has time, but the whole deal was a multi year bargaining deal with his dad (in Houston) and this old guy who's dad had owned this and put it together. He wanted teh Foyt motor and was trying to part the rest to pay for the trouble of getting the thing he wanted. The trailer was 20 miles from me here in Kansas. It all worked out, I got to take the 2 big motors that were wedged in the front out and move it on to the other buyers. Lots of history other than that, but a quick run down

In the mid-1970's, TJ Bevin's a self-employed entrepreneur from Wellsville, Kansas got the grand idea to assemble a traveling collections of engines of the "HEY DAY" of the American Industrial Age. His plan was to assemble the collection in an 18-wheeler trailer as a rolling show, and tour the country with his wife. They planned to stop and showcase their collection at county and state fairs, carnivals and conventions. Paying for their travels with the proceeds earned from charging admission to tour the collection and cover their cost of travel and living.

TJ setout and built out a trailer with a living quarters in the front section, and fifteen engines. Thirteen of which were antique "Hit and Miss", and two jewels of the collection a Rolls Royce Merlin, and an AJ Foyt "Coyote".

When TJ would setup the display he had would open up the rear of the trailer, and put the stairs in place. The trailer was setup with a center cabinet that ran nearly the length of the trailer with the "Hit and Miss" engines mounted to it, and the Merlin and Foyt at the front of the display area. Traffic flow would be to walk up the stairs at the rear of the trailer and down one side of the cabinet, and back down the other side to exit at the back. TJ being the "Pitchmen", and his wife working as the "Ducat Grabber". The trailer had the rear most engine in the trailer on a sliding stand, that would be pulled out and would "run" to catch peoples attention and give TJ a chance to make his sales pitch to tour the collection.

TJ and his wife toured for several years before parking the display at their home in Wellsville.

In the mid-1980's, their estate was up for auction. The winning bidder of the tractor-trailer, and Display failed to pay and the auctioneer Otto's Auctions ends up with the Display. It sat on Otto's farm in Edgerton, Kansas for the past twenty years.

Flash forward to 2006 period dad recalls the engine display and the Foyt motor. After a few weeks of running down leads dad tracks the display to Otto's. Miraculously the Display is completely intact and untouched since the doors were closed sometime around 1979.

After nearly 18 months of back and forth negotiations to acquire the collection, we were able to take possession. We had a mechanic friend from Spring Hill, KS go over and get the old diesel running. Then my brother-in-law and one of his friends from Parker, Kansas each took their tractors, and one low-boy to recover the Display. My brother-in-law hooked up to the trailer that hadn't been moved in 20 years, while the tractor was loaded onto the low-boy they brought along.

Unfortunately to make this deal happen the Display had to be separated. To cover the cost of everything, we sold the Merlin to a private collector, and the trailer and "Hit and Miss's" to another collector. Keeping the Foyt motor.

It was so crazy opening that and walking through, so damn cool, truly a time capsule. When it first was brought to my attention to see if I would tackle the job, we were all worried rain would have gotten in, pack rats, etc, whatever could happen over nearly 30 years. The front you walked behind the 2 big motors and through a door up some mini stairs, and the bed was above the big motors. That's the reason the bed pictures are so weird of an angle, I was having trouble getting there without worry of falling through. The rain had gotten the living quarters a bit, but nothing on the engine display.
When they got it to my house I pulled out the ramps and set up the barker booth and display motor and all of it to get pics one last time. REally cool.

blacksheep10 said:
Brothers that owned an auction company took the truck adn trailer with the hit and miss motors, the merlin went to a plumbing company owner, and the Foyt went to the land speed effort.
Yeah the hit and miss motors were the ones I was most interested in where they went. So much history was in a trailer that had been essentially forgotten about.