• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wyatt, who does your glitter bomb paint jobs?

Bones

That Guy
Wanting to paint my tank this winter and wonder if your guy wants to make my bike look like a bass boat :****:

Anyone think I should do more than just the tank? The paint on this bike chips/scratched WAY too easy and the tank and rear fender are already looking like ass. Exhaust will be black as well as fwd controls added. Also plan to coat the gray covers black and change out that huge ugly ass air filter.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I use two different guys. Same exact result.

The guy that always did the paint for the buggy is Rodney Belt of Rodneys Rods in Conroe, TX
The guy that painted the salt car for me was Robert Leady and hes at Spectrum Powdercoat here in Houston.

Only reason I changed to Leady was I couldnt get ahold of Rodney and I was on a TIGHT time crunch. Both have now done tight time crunch work for me. They were both comparable in price. I'd say Rodney throws on more clear to give it more depth but at that you risk runs and sag. On the buggy I didnt care. Leady still put 5 coats of clear on the salt car and I think it needs another couple but is beautiful.

Both of them do alot of bikes. I'd say Leady has better facilities, but Rodney is more talented from the work I've seen. You're call. If you want to Sparkle your **** out I can facilitate if you need it.

So you pick out a paint color you want then find a coorisponding matching flake.
Or vice versa or a flake color you want and then color match a paint to it (how I do it).

So what they do is paint the base with your color, while its still tacky you dry spray the flake on to the basecoat.
Then lay down a coat of clear and wetsand it to get the flake to laydown. Then repeat until you have a smooth clear coat with no flake protruding through. The added benefit is that now you have a nice DEEP clear coat.

Leddy has a Pinstriper that is off the wall, but he's hard to track down is my understanding. He's not like a guy that holds a normal job.......

I use a guy named Sonny who works over at American Heliarc. Old dude, motorcycle dragracer, very off kilter but stripes like a son-of-a-bitch.
He did my pumper helmet and it is a work of art, and I dont have a good picture of it at all.

Has the Texas flag flying on each side like its an extension of the visor, and all the strips flow with the nature curves/bodylines of the helmet. In his words "I just did what the helmet told me"

IMG_0132.jpg

Hey figure out what you want done, and I'll run your stuff around to make it what you want.

Tank and fender, and several over accent pieces. Then cut a striper loose to work "their magic". Definately stand out in your neck of the woods.

Yeah Wyatt has some cool paint jobs, I can't keep body panels straight long enough to paint them nice. Just dropped my stuff off today to be repaired and re-painted.

Now I am thinking "Kubota" orange since I love that damn color I had on my Toyota.

Thanks Wyatt, I will likely send off the fenders and tank and let someone loose with it :woot:

Matt O. said:
Yeah Wyatt has some cool paint jobs, I can't keep body panels straight long enough to paint them nice. Just dropped my stuff off today to be repaired and re-painted.

Matt I had 3 hoods for my buggy that I rotated out. Thats why it could be destroyed at a race, but look damn good on the trailer for the ride home LOL

Orange heavy MF is ****ing sick!!! There is a dude down here in Houston with a Rockstar thats black with an Orange heavy sparkle roof. Love the orange!

BTW "Rockstar" is a '50-54 Chevy coupe.

CheapJ7 said:
Im not sure I see the direction, but go with it...

Bike in the first pic looks like warm :puke:
Direction is the current paint is scratched and chipped already. Why repaint it black?

Not wanting cat piss yeller, but that's what I had on hand SON

Bones said:
Direction is the current paint is scratched and chipped already. Why repaint it black?

Not wanting cat piss yeller, but that's what I had on hand SON

haha i got u...

that cat piss tank and the all black bike just didn't make sense to me...

Bones said:
Thought about flat black, but that is played out and would require EVERYTHING to be painted and I am not after that task.

The new "hotrod Black" trend makes everything look like abs plastic IMO... Cool in theory, but looks like poop in person...