• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

X-tra cab on standard cab frame

Penetrode Offroad said:
Pretty cool, your rear shackle angles are pretty much vertical!!! might want to fix that whilst your in there!
Cory,

:wtf: What angle should they be at? The rig was built by a buddy at marlin so I figured it was right. Keep in mind that there is no weight in the rear until I get the flat bed, exo, bed box, fuel cell, and spare on it. I'm thinking I may have to move the front hangers back about 1 1/2" so I can run 37's and clear the cab so we'll see where that puts me.

Skwirts- No hurry I dont need more sh!t in the back yard right now anyway. How long is the wife gone for? Is she bringin the truck home empty:whistling: I got loads of stuff in cali I need transported. Think she can pull one of the sami's? Why dont you ever answer your phone? Why didnt you go with her so you can pick up my sh!t?:wtf: What a matter 4 you?:flipoff:

P.S. I ordered my tubing bender. And the tanks bein a b!tch so I'm building a S.S. fuel cell tomorrow 2.:cheer:

Updated pics

The new tank
DSC02079.jpg

DSC02080.jpg

DSC02082.jpg

DSC02083.jpg

DSC02084.jpg

The flat bed

DSC02081.jpg

DSC02085.jpg

DSC02087.jpg

DSC02088.jpg

DSC02089.jpg

I'm trying to avoid moving it back. The idea was to have the short wheelbase and still be able to take the kids with me. I'm gonna run it up an rti ramp to see whats next--moving the front hangers back an inch or so to also fix shackle and pinion angle or a BFH to the back of the cab. Likely the second.:D

Thats the plan but I'm going to the cegranch on the 31st for the drive over. It should do fine for that but I'll be drinkin and if the cab gets in the way I'm movin it. but the plan is to keep it nice. I like to have the bling and use it too. I love to get a good deal on beatiful rims and see the look on peoples faces when I carve them up on rocks. I personally cant stand when people get out the black rattle cans and call it anti bling because the black is there bling. Its their way of making their truck look like trucks that get used and are rattle canned for a reason. I like leaders not followers:clappy:

i'll be rattle canning mine, i can't afford a good paint job and like camo... 5 years of usmc... but'll still have chrome rims till i do the weld-on beadlocks... :haha: then stripped and powdercoated.

ToyZuki, I can't agree with you more about carving up those nice rim!!! I want to get some nice chrome rims for the bronco. In some of the magazines I am seeing these rims that I love but I don't think they would look good on the bronco. Looks like I have a problem!
Cory,

Whats up ****er. You gotta call my cell **** head :flipoff: That **** is looking damn good dude. I think the starter is out on the '85, not sure, still have to fix the battery cables. The wife will leave next monday probably. Is your dad gonna be home sunday about 5. She can go out there and your dad can put as much as he can fit in the back. I wouldn't trust her pulling another car. What are you gonna take down when you go? I'm trying to find a gooseneck but not having much luck. We have the white inclosed trailer if you wanna take that? By the way what are you doing on the computer aren't you at work? And I'm sick of looking at the '94 :mad: and a guy wants the air bag kit so I'm going to put some axles under it :D , I already made my spring hangers. So then you can have the '85 back and make some money off of it. Let me know when your going down south so I can get some time off, we'll bring all of your **** back :clappy: . Well i guess I'll talk at ya later. Don't work too damn hard huh.

Last edited:
I did call your cell. and if I were you I'd hit the edit button and remove your # from public. I sent you with an extra starter. Yeah I'll make sure he's there and I apprieciate it. I havent really figured out how and when I'm going. I'm on the computer cause I got new days off sun. mon. but you'd know that if you answered your phone. What are you gonna use for a t-case in the '94?

Opps. Not a problem, she's down there might as well pick some things up for ya. That's right I forgot about the other starter. If I ever get the fuel cell welded I'll sell it and the milk tank and have some money to buy some axles with 4.88's and a tranny and t-case from a guy I work with. It's about time you got at least a half of a weekend off. How did that happen? Does your number come up blocked? You doing any wheelin' yet? If you have to can you get friday through monday off one weekend? Maybe I should just call you. :wtf:

Well the winshield should be in in the morning. I got the bed and tool box mounted. tach is wired. Removed the rag I left in the intake (runs a hell of alot better now) :mad: Mounted the stock bumper back on cause my bender is still not here. front cheasy flares. mud flaps front and rear (quick release) flexed it as far as I could with a little hill, bricks, and a high lift( looks like the tires will clear the cab. Licence plates & light. Muffler. and probably some more things I'm forgetting. Will be on the trail soon

Whatcha doin'? Whole lot of nothin here. Got the other side of the shop cleaned out and moved the '94 closer to the plug so I can use the welder. I need to put in another outlet, move the lights and finish takin the head out of the damn thing :mad: I wish the wife would give me some damn time to work out there :mad: I was thinking about going down next weekend or the weekend after, let me know what you think? I got a little more work done on the flat bed last weekend and welded the first tank, but got to fix a few leaks. I'll post some pics this weekend. Anyway I'll give you a call later. Truck looks sweet :awesomework:

Latest posts